Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Brewery Crawl in Detroit

Old 03-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
TCJosh
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Brewery Crawl in Detroit

Hello! I am in the process of brainstorming for my buddy's bachelor party. He's also into great brews and would love to do a brewery crawl. I'm in Northern Michigan, he's in Chicago and most of our friends live in Grand Rapids, I'm thinking Detroit would be a good change of pace, and I think they have some decent breweries. I'm thinking of getting a "party bus" type of thing so we dont have to worry about a DD.

What Im hoping for is for someone to suggest a "tour route" of good places in and around the Detroit area. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I would gladly return the favor if you ever visit Traverse City! Only 3 options, but I'd still help!

Old 03-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
TexasSpartan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 14

According to MI's travel and tourism site, there's four breweries in Detroit proper, and a bunch more in the burbs.

Not brewery related, but for my buddies bachelor party in the D a couple years ago, we hit up Garden Bowl. For 23 bucks a person, they give you three hours of bowling, food, and as many pitchers as you can drink. Granted, it's pitchers of Bud Lite or something similar, but we had a blast.

Carboy 1: Tart Cherry Belgian Ale
Keg 1: Mad Hops IPA

Dallas Homebrew Collective

Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #3
BrianP

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Suggestions:
Dragonmeade (Warren - great tap room serving their own beer, many choices)
Uptown Grill (Novi - large selection of very good commercial offerings on tap)
Ashley's (Ann Arbor, a little far from Detroit suburbs but worth including in the list)

Others will probably add to the list. There are a few in downtown Detroit plus several others in the suburbs.

BP

-------------------------------
Fermenter 1: Best bitter (1)
Fermenter 2: Best bitter (2)
Fermenter 3: APA
Fermenter 4: APA

Old 04-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
HomebrewMI
Recipes 

I'd say the taphouse I'm in the process of getting approval to open, but we wont be open for 1-2 years still so +1 on Dragonmead and if you're mostly looking for microbreweries to hit, look at Kuhnhenn Brewing which is just a few miles from Dragonmead, also there is Copper Canyon Brewing in Southfield. Good luck and have a blast!