If Jesus Was One Of Us... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > If Jesus Was One Of Us...

Old 03-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Perry, MI
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Would he be a wheat guy, or an IPA hophead, or maybe a belgian lover? I KNOW that he would not be an electric brewer.

And would he buy the first round?

I'd be happy if he just turned barley into beer, ya know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Old 03-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

Hmmm, that depends. If you accept the modern view of Jesus as a caucasiun male, I think he'd probably be a cool guy to hang around with. If you look at the area of the world that Jesus lived and the time period, I think the long haired Caucasiun would have stuck out like a sore thumb. I tend to believe Jesus is of more middle eastern descent and based on our relations with that area now, I'm not sure how Jesus and any outsider would get a long. More than likely there would be a mutual distrust of eachother, but a few beers would probably fix that.

To more specifically address the topic, I'm betting that Jesus would have drank/brewed the equivelant of a farmhouse ale or California common. Something low in alcohol that he could sip all day long, something that would ferment well in warmer temps.

Reason: because.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7708 Times on 6291 Posts

Typical text indicates he was more into Wine than beer.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

WWJB (What Would Jesus Brew)

Here's a picture that proves Jesus likes Stouts:

(yes, that's me)

Old 03-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
Parker36

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Lesotho
Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
I tend to believe Jesus is of more middle eastern descent and based on our relations with that area now, I'm not sure how Jesus and I would get a long.
Hooray racism!

As far as what beer he would rink, I would think a mild

Old 03-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Hmmm, that depends. If you accept the modern view of Jesus as a caucasiun male, I think he'd probably be a cool guy to hang around with. If you look at the area of the world that Jesus lived and the time period, I think the long haired Caucasiun would have stuck out like a sore thumb. I tend to believe Jesus is of more middle eastern descent and based on our relations with that area now, I'm not sure how Jesus and I would get a long.
Wow... just WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 03-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3517 Times on 3328 Posts

I agree with McKbrew on the aprt about Jesus would not be a white person and would be middle eastern
I DO NOT agree with him in the aspect of that fact completely erasing jesus from my friend list!
Jesus would probably be over in the wine forums, or at least into the Abbey's and Trappists.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
BioBeing

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Memphis, TN
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Hmmm, that depends. If you accept the modern view of Jesus as a caucasiun male,
You are being sarcastic, right? Do people really think that? I'm really glad I'm an atheist sometimes!

Quote:
I think he'd probably be a cool guy to hang around with. If you look at the area of the world that Jesus lived and the time period, I think the long haired Caucasiun would have stuck out like a sore thumb. I tend to believe Jesus is of more middle eastern descent and based on our relations with that area now, I'm not sure how Jesus and I would get a long.
I'm really not sure Jesus ever actually existed. But everything I was taught about him makes me think that yeah, he might not get along with you. Plus, I hear he drank Bud.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #9
GearBeer

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Clarkston, MI
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'm not so sure that people consciously believe that Jesus was a caucasian male, but all the western art (i.e. icons and stained glass) depict him that way. So it's a subconscious thing, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBeing View Post
Plus, I hear he drank Bud.
I think that was holy water, they're so close in color I can understand how people could make that mistake.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Liked 269 Times on 134 Posts

This is just silly. Jesus didn't make beer, he was one of them wine pussies with all the other hipsters. Zombies only consume drinks made out of brains and necromancers only deal with "spirits", so wrong on all counts. Jesus has never and would never drink a beer.

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...