Some pics of my latest efforts - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Some pics of my latest efforts

Old 03-05-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
pompeiisneaks
Why that human mask?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Redmond, WA
Liked 52 Times on 29 Posts

I've got a mead and an IPA in secondaries, bulk aging, and a few bottles left of apfelwine, thought I'd share

Mead:

Mead Closeup:

IPA:

Fermenting/Kegged/Bottled NONE :( I moved to the NW and haven't had time to setup my brew rig since! (but hey, I'm in the Pacific NW so there's so much awesome beer I don't need to brew it as much hah!

Old 03-05-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
pompeiisneaks
Why that human mask?

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Redmond, WA

And here's the apfelwine, from the Ikea bottles someone mentioned in another thread!

Fermenting/Kegged/Bottled NONE :( I moved to the NW and haven't had time to setup my brew rig since! (but hey, I'm in the Pacific NW so there's so much awesome beer I don't need to brew it as much hah!

Old 03-05-2009, 02:43 AM   #3
IrishIwereDrunk
Recipes 

Oct 2008
North Carolina

sweet, kinda creeped me out at first though.. i have the exact same carpet and stand/carboy setup at my house.. the picture could have literally been taken in the room i'm in right now, haha.

Primary
Empty

Secondary
Empty

Bottled
American Amber Ale

Old 03-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

Is it ok to have that much head space with the mead?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
pompeiisneaks
Why that human mask?

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Redmond, WA

The mead and any beer should push off loads of co2 when it ferments creating a cushion... I had bubbles popping off the ferment lock like mad during fermentation, therefore I think it should be fine.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeiisneaks View Post
The mead and any beer should push off loads of co2 when it ferments creating a cushion... I had bubbles popping off the ferment lock like mad during fermentation, therefore I think it should be fine.
In the primary, I thought they were in the secondary.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #7
pompeiisneaks
Why that human mask?

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Redmond, WA

ahh true, never thought of that, I guess I should have pushed some co2 on top of it from my tank... Its been there for about 2 weeks I think now, and doesn't show any sign of infection, though, so I hope I'm good...