Glad you guys are here!! - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Glad you guys are here!!
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 06-27-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
Hunter
Recipes 

Jun 2006
Where the sun don't shine

I'm expecting the finishing touches to be put on my home brewery this weekend and begin my first batch of beer. Needless to say, I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. I've read just about everything out there on brewing beer, but to me it's like reading The Joy of Sex a zillion times before your first roll in the hay!

Other than the obvious points of sanitation, sanitation, sanitation are there any helpful hints you more experienced folks can lend a newbie?

Many thanks!

Hunter

Old 06-27-2006, 12:24 AM   #2
Hunter
Recipes 

Jun 2006
Where the sun don't shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I'm expecting the finishing touches to be put on my home brewery this weekend and begin my first batch of beer. Needless to say, I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. I've read just about everything out there on brewing beer, but to me it's like reading The Joy of Sex a zillion times before your first roll in the hay!

Other than the obvious points of sanitation, sanitation, sanitation are there any helpful hints you more experienced folks can lend a newbie?

Many thanks!

Hunter
I may have asked that silly question too soon. I just read some of the posts and found a lot of great information!

Nonetheless...any info you have would be great!

Hunter

Primary 1: Dry an' thirsty
Primary 2: Dry an' thirsty

Secondary 1: Honey Cream Ale
Secondary 2: Dry an' thirsty

Keg 1: A smidge of hefeweizen
Keg 2: nada

Up next: Anniversary IPA

Old 06-27-2006, 01:54 AM   #3
rcbrew
Recipes 

Feb 2006

At least with homebrewing, you can recover from performance anxoity. Relax, its a blast and addicting! Cheers!

Old 06-27-2006, 02:41 AM   #4
Radarbrew
Recipes 

Oct 2005
Alaska, Honey, there's a moose on the back porch again!
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

You're gonna love it! BTW, where don't the sun shine? I'm kinda not wanting to know...

Old 06-27-2006, 05:04 AM   #5
Blaine
Recipes 

Dec 2005
Melbourne Australia, Victoria

Mate one of the golden rules of homebrewing is when brewing you must have a beer in your hand. It not only calmes the nerves and makes the whole experience even more enjoyable but also serves as a reminder why we take the extra effort and pay attention to the "one percenters" ( those small idiosyncrasies that make our good beers great beers). Other than that enjoy and have fun, Let us all know how you go!

Primary: Dry

Seconary: N/A

Conditioning: Dry
Conditioning: Dry

Now drinking: Hop Head Golden Saaz Pilsner

Next up: My own Pilzsner from scratch