Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Happy Brewer

Old 05-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
dbennett9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Happy Brewer

My wife bought me a Youngs Happy Brewer kit for our wedding aniversary. I have no experience of brewing but have always been interested in it.
It came with a fermenting keg, yeast packet, c/o2 capsule, and two unmarked tins.

My wife lost the instructions but there are some instructions with it, I am a little confused as to whether i put both tins contents in the keg? they both look and weigh about the same,

Please help as i want to get it started tonight

Thanks

dan Bennett

Old 05-09-2005, 05:45 PM   #2
kenmc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Is it a king keg thing like this???
http://www.bigboystoys.co.uk/product...-_20_off.html
If so, here's the instructions.
Sterilise the keg and all things you're gonna use with it... (should have got sterilizer as well - did you?)
While thats happening leave the 2 tins in a sink of warm water to soften them up a bit. Boil 6 pints of water and add them to the rinsed keg. Pour both tins in and mix around. Add 29 more pints of cold water and mix around again. Sprinkle the yeast on the top. Tighten the cap and put in warm room for about 3 weeks.
Make sure the rubber on the pressure valve (underneath the lid) covers the little hole in the brass else the co2 comes out - i learnt the hard way!

Course if you have something entirely different then all bets are off - couldn't find "youngs happy brewer" in google...
All the best
Ken

Old 05-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
brewhead
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

or maybe this:

http://www.touchmiltonkeynes.com/bus...st/bid/2719867

Old 05-09-2005, 06:17 PM   #4
kenmc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhead
I think thats a shop rather than a product. course if his wife got him a homebrew shop