Today on Lifehacker - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Today on Lifehacker
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 03-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Penguin
Recipes 

Jun 2008
odessa, tx

DIY: Homebrewing Beer to Save Money

Old 03-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
llazy_llama
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Rapid City, South Dakota
Liked 90 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
When you mix up a batch of beer, it needs to ferment for a week or two, and this bucket makes it quite easy. You simply put your unfermented beer in the bucket, put the bubbler in the little hole on top of the bucket (the bubbler allows gas to escape without contaminating the beer), and let it sit. When you’re ready to drink the beer, just open the spigot and drink a glass - the hose can make it easier to pour.
Yumm... flat beer, my favorite.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
MikeG
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Atlanta, GA
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
The Simple Dollar blog walks through the process, and the costs, of homebrewing. If you really like beer, and micro-brews in particular, Trent says it could be a money-saving hobby to dive into.
Haha, I haven't read past that part. I'm saving TONS of money myself! And lifting heavy wort, fermenters and kegs is causing my body to get in shape too.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Bryan, Texas
Liked 46 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Haha, I haven't read past that part. I'm saving TONS of money myself! And lifting heavy wort, fermenters and kegs is causing my body to get in shape too.
What? You didn't spring for the hand cart yet? Increase expense, decrease activity... Its win-win!!!!

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator