Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Breaking the kid in right
Old 03-02-2009, 03:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Breaking the kid in right

OK, this is a little like the what to brew for SWMBO threads, but my youngest just turned 21, and while I have let him try some of my homebrews from time to time, I figure I can now get him truly educated. My tastes tend towards the more complex, but I like most styles. He will drink some of my darker and heavier styles, but he still likes the lighter end of the scale. I'm planning on having him brew a batch with me that we can share, so I'm looking for suggestions on how to educate and broaden his horizons, but bring him along gently. He already likes the wheat beers, American, German and Belgian, so what else would you all suggest? Cream Ale, Blond, Kolsch? Maybe a Brown? I'll get him up to IIPAs sooner or later.

"Better Living Through Chemistry"

Neuron Nanobrewery
Old 03-02-2009, 03:28 AM   #2
...My Junk is Ugly...
Liked 745 Times on 419 Posts
Likes Given: 268

Keep in mind the changing seasons. Anything you brew now will be ready to enjoy in about 2 months. Maybe an American Amber to bridge the winter and spring.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:34 AM   #3
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Get crazy with him and brew up a simple strong golden ale. Easy to brew and up there in the ABV. Cream ales or saisons are also perfect to brew now for the upcoming months.
"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph