beer on the floor - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > beer on the floor

Old 02-27-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
dutchboy62
Recipes 

Jul 2007

I worked until 3 am last night woke up this morning and decided to bottle some homebrew up for a friend that is going out of town. So I set up my homemade bottle filler as seen in the DIY section. I walk out of the room to get my capper when I return I see about a half gallon of beer on the carpeted basement floor. I freaked apparently when I sanitized my rig I left the tap open. They say you cant cry over spilled milk but this isnt milk its beer and I'm crying. Sorry just venting. Lesson of the story dont try and bottle when your still groggy.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:13 AM   #2
wedward
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

dude - hope your carpet wasn't ruined... good thing you weren't too groggy and fell back to sleep!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
TwoHeadsBrewing

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Chico, CA
Liked 39 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedward View Post
dude - hope your carpet wasn't ruined... good thing you weren't too groggy and fell back to sleep!
whaaa??? You're worried about the carpet? Now what kind of homebrewer are you? It's the beer man! Is the beer OK? No, no the beer...it's gone. Moment of silence for the beer...

Fermenting: ESB
Kegged: Extra IPA, Brown Ale, American Wheat, Blackheart Stout
Coming Up: Dunkleweizen, 3C Pale Ale

DIY Fermentation Chamber
More Brew Stuff

Old 02-27-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
wedward

Recipes 

Feb 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
whaaa??? You're worried about the carpet? Now what kind of homebrewer are you? It's the beer man! Is the beer OK? No, no the beer...it's gone. Moment of silence for the beer...

Yeah! I started to say "I hope your carpet was clean so you could wring out the beer and drink it" - but figured he was already bummed...

Old 02-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

If you had a Shamwow you could have soaked it all out of the carpet again and squeezed it back into the bottling bucket. But nooooooooo you had to be unprepared!

Old 02-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Jay, Adirondack Mountains, NY
Liked 204 Times on 158 Posts

Your beer peed on your f*cking rug! Be careful of your next move...we all know what happened to the Dude when his rug was peed on!

Old 02-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
JVD_X

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Gainesville, Virginia
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTOJ View Post
If you had a Shamwow you could have soaked it all out of the carpet again and squeezed it back into the bottling bucket. But nooooooooo you had to be unprepared!
Shamwow! Shamwow!

Old 02-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
golfnmotorcycles

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Caruthersville, MO

I did this once after a kegerator cleaning. Lucky for me it was before the homebrew days and all I lost was some Bud Select

Such an experience goes a long way in terms of getting that on the "list of stupid crap to NOT do again"

Old 02-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
dutchboy62
Recipes 

Jul 2007

Yeah I wont make that mistake again.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #10
Christian
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Salt Lake City, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTOJ View Post
ROFLOL this post just made me shoot my drink out my nose!

CMAC'S Brewery