Rules for Posting!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is a quote from the OP in a thread called co2 in the bottling/kegging board: (shes a beaut!)

"i got a bottle of carbon dioxide of my mate is it co2 its is food grade for my keg set up"

I really can't figure out if this is a statement or a question and what the question or statement is...

Grammer is obviously bad, however, there really should be a drunk button. What I mean is when your drunk and your typing everything F'ed up like, similar to spell check it should be fixed!:D

I usually type fairly well, but I have definitely been a little tipsy; when I've looked at a post the next day and asked myself "WTF?!?"

Having said that, that post is definitely screwed!:ban:

"i got a bottle of carbon dioxide of my mate is it co2 its is food grade for my keg set up"...

You guys obviously are not fluent in “druck”.

Loosely translated…

“Many pardons my good people. I have recently come in possession of a container that, according to my good friend, contains carbon dioxide…otherwise referred to here on your fine forum as “CO2”. My question to your collective intelligence is this: “Is it likely that the CO2 contained in the aforementioned vessel is indeed considered food grade…and therefore safe as a method for carbonating and subsequently serving beer in my current keg configuration?”

Kindest regards,

Gunther.

Loosely translated…

“Many pardons my good people. I have recently come in possession of a container that, according to my good friend, contains carbon dioxide…otherwise referred to here on your fine forum as “CO2”. My question to your collective intelligence is this: “Is it likely that the CO2 contained in the aforementioned vessel is indeed considered food grade…and therefore safe as a method for carbonating and subsequently serving beer in my current keg configuration?”

Kindest regards,

Gunther.

AWESOME!:rockin:

Loosely translated…

Kindest regards,

Gunther.

Can't stop thinking about this now:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6H0i1RAdHk]YouTube - Freestlye Rap Battle: Translated[/ame]

Loosely translated…

Kindest regards,

Gunther.

LOL!

:D I don't know about druk, here's another gem by the same author:

just checked my screw lid and i got 1/4 turn on it and the air lock has started to bubble again, will this had affected my beer will it be ok?? :rockin:

I kind of feel sorry for the guy but I'm also thinking he might not be an adult...

Also: MAKE SURE YOU USE ALL CAPS BECAUSE PEOPLE REALLY LIKE TO READ YOUR ALL-CAPS POSTS AND IT'S BETTER FOR EMPHASIS.

This was hilarious. You guys really gotta stop. It's hard to pretend to be working when I'm laughing.

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Do you have any other observations to make about any of the other rules? I think he messed up a few others too. You should list all the mistakes. In crayon please.:p

It's amazing how many people lost the gist of the OP...classic 3 year old thread

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.:D
I hope you Grammar Nazis are kind to this Illiterate Jew.:drunk:

He is a quote from the OP in a thread called co2 in the bottling/kegging board: (shes a beaut!)

"i got a bottle of carbon dioxide of my mate is it co2 its is food grade for my keg set up"

I really can't figure out if this is a statement or a question and what the question or statement is...

You just need a few more beers in ya. Translated, that reads:

I just got a CO2 tank from my friend but I don't know if it's food grade. Can I use it for my kegging set up?

LOL that was a long time ago...

Oldie but a goodie! This thread should totally go stickie! Prost! :mug:

BBL, I'm the necromancer here, I figured a thread like this should come up every now and then. Good laugh for those who haven't seen it before. Hoppy's known for that, he's got an interesting (and very sick) sense of humor. :mug:

Hey wait a minute. I grew up in Brooklyn and now live on the Wai`anae Coast of O`ahu. I can't or won't try to hard to follow those rules. LOL I think I may have here. ? LOL Good Night.

thank you to whoever resurrected this thread i got many lolz out of it i am also a grammar nazi and two things that bother me are people who don't use punctuation so it appears like they are writing one long run-on sentence it's super annoying and confuses me and i have to re-read it many times before i understand what they are trying to say i also hate when people use the wrong word when there are two different ways to spell it and two completely different meanings like when i was looking threw this thread i noticed that more than too people made that mistake and so i had to take a brake from reading it because it was giving me stomache panes

Three out of five on the trick question YouTube vidoe. Hey.. I aint the sharpest tool in the shed. Also, I'm a poet and understand that. (PP)

Hoppy, looking back on this thread, I've noticed that you left out the part about proper trolling etiquette. Seeing as it's one of your favorite pastimes of late, I thought surely I could find some tips and how to's. Pretty disappointed, man, I was hoping to get some advice on how to hop on someone else's thread with nothing worthwhile to contribute and act like a total colon. :D

1. Verbs HAS to agree with their subjects.
2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences up with.
3. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction.
4. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
5. Avoid cliches like the plague. (They're old hat)
6. Also, always avoid annoying alliteration.
7. Be more or less specific.
8. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
9. Also too, never, ever use repetitive redundancies.
10. No sentence fragments.
11. Contractions aren't necessary and shouldn't be used.
12. Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
13. Do not be redundant; do not use more words than necessary; it's highly superfluous.
14. One should NEVER generalize.
15. Comparisons are as bad as cliches.
16. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
17. One-word sentences? Eliminate.
18. Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.
19. The passive voice is to be ignored.
20. Eliminate commas, that are, not necessary. Parenthetical words however should be enclosed in commas.
21. Never use a big word when a diminutive one would suffice.
22. Use words correctly, irregardless of how others use them.
23. Understatement is always the absolute best way to put forth earth-shaking ideas.
24. Eliminate quotations. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "Ihate quotations. Tell me what you know."
25. If you've heard it once, you've heard it a thousand times: Resist hyperbole; not one writer in a million can use it correctly.
26. Puns are for children, not groan readers.
27. Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.
28. Even IF a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed.
29. Who needs rhetorical questions?
30. Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.
31. Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Too funny to even read. TMIDR!

Thanks for this. Great laugh. Old but new to me. Cheers

Yep, pretty old. I was reading this list somewhere else and I thought it looked familiar. William Safire copied from HoppyDaze and didn't bother to reference him. Not cool. Guess they felt differently about this sort of thing back in '74.

Maybe that should be a rule for posting: Thou shalt not usurp the work of others without a nod at least. A simple quote is one thing. A long, long list is another.

http://www.goodreads.com/work/quote...-lighthearted-guide-to-grammar-and-good-usage

Back