Look out, Miller Lite is now triple hopped. - Page 10 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Look out, Miller Lite is now triple hopped.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:57 AM   #91
breadbohn
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Boulder, CO

MOD EDIT: More merging.

Hi everybody,

I saw a TV ad recently for a commercial beer that made a big deal of being "triple hopped." My guess is that this is a vacuous advertising claim, since even a novice like me adds hops twice to the wort. I could easily imagine adding a third dose for some reason.

So the question: what is triple hopping? And is it worth the advertising campaign it's getting?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #92
Beerzoid
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Eugene/Bend, Oregon

If you've ever tasted a Miller product you'd realize that it is a total marketing ploy. Sometime I feel I add more hops to 5 gallons of Homebrew than BMC put in several barrels.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:33 AM   #93

Do you think if we hopped a 4th time it might be better?

I'm thinking about 1-2 pellets in this sucker tucked into a pint glass and pour away. $hit that would make it all foamy.

Stick some pellets in a hop sack tie it off, then snip the end off with scissors. DIY Teabag....

That's too much work, fark it.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 04-06-2009, 05:40 AM   #94
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts

I have dry hopped a bmc type beer when my firend brought some over. Itr didn;t really help. I did get a good laugh about it.

Hmm.. come to think about it, I think that was the last time he brought over beer.... lol

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

Old 04-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #95
humann_brewing
More Humann than human

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun
Liked 328 Times on 324 Posts

I saw this commercial and had to tell the non-homebrewer that was sitting with me how sad that statement was and that they were just trying to market to a uneducated crowd.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #96
-TH-
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Zeeland, Michigan
Liked 90 Times on 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humann_brewing View Post
I saw this commercial and had to tell the non-homebrewer that was sitting with me how sad that statement was and that they were just trying to market to a uneducated crowd.
let me guess, he/she called you a "beer snob" after that.

Builds, etc: E-Brewery | Pneumatic Bottle Capper | Fermentation Chamber | Stirplate | Bottle Cabinet
Water Spreadsheet: www.EZWaterCalculator.com

Old 04-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #97
humann_brewing
More Humann than human

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun
Liked 328 Times on 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TH- View Post
let me guess, he/she called you a "beer snob" after that.
No, not this one at least but this was at a wedding at a country club so we were in the bar and somehow it came up that the bar tender couldn't have the beer I was having (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale) because it contained wheat. Well I had to butt in and explain that there was no wheat in this beer and in fact the person next to me having a Widmer Hefe or says wheat beer right on the label does not in fact contain 100% wheat.

At any rate this is when the eyes start to roll.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #98
z987k

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Anchorage
Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts

Please remember that in no way does anything produced by any variant of B or MC in any way resemble a Pilsner. Bavarian or Bohemian. BoPils is one of my favorite styles of beer and it's really a marvel that you can get that much flavor and complexity out of only pilsner malt and saaz hops. Nothing else goes in a BoPils.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #99

Has anybody ever served or tried a BMC that's been Randalized?

R2-B2 Moorminator Randall Bar - Maltose Falcons Home Brewing Society (Los Angeles Homebrewing)

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 04-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #100
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Ohio
Liked 62 Times on 54 Posts

No I haven't, and I'm not sure that I want to. I am excited about the step-by-step instructions for building a randall on their website though.