Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Help with unique wiring on Love controller and fridge problem

Old 02-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
Boerderij_Kabouter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Or get a multimeter, and start testing connection points. That will work too, it just takes some digging.

I would bet all the fridges are the same in that the thermostat switches the hot lead to the compressor and fans. You just need to find a common line that is always powered for the other leg of the controller. It is probably white like in mine... but that is just a guess.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #12
ClaudiusB
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Kincade, sorry I am late

Follow Boerderij_Kabouter advise.
He has done a great job with his project.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Old 02-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #13
kincade
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks to you all! I think I'm making progress here!

So... Here are the wiring diagrams...

I'm thinking I can get the neutral from the icemaker (also in the freezer compartment). If I am correct, this will be the wiring sequence:

Terminal 7 to white in icemaker (hoping this is neutral?)
Terminal 8 to red in temp control/thermostat (hot?)
Terminal 8 jumper to Terminal 10
Terminal 11 to yellow in temp control/thermostat (line out to compressor?)

Does this look correct to you guys?

Boerderij_Kabouter, where did you get that sweet blue terminal block? Nice job!!!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 11

That is correct!

I have a bunch of terminal blocks left over from other projects. You can get them from McMaster but they really aren't worth it for this kind of project. Home Depot, or other big box store, will have terminal blocks in the wiring section for ~$6 that will work great if you want to use terminals.

You are looking good. If you do it this way, your fridge/freezer will still operate normally (lights, defrost, etc.) just with better control.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #15
kincade
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
That is correct!

I have a bunch of terminal blocks left over from other projects. You can get them from McMaster but they really aren't worth it for this kind of project. Home Depot, or other big box store, will have terminal blocks in the wiring section for ~$6 that will work great if you want to use terminals.

You are looking good. If you do it this way, your fridge/freezer will still operate normally (lights, defrost, etc.) just with better control.
Thanks a million! I really appreciate all the help from the members here; I was a bit lost with this project at first. I want the fridge to function normally w/ lights/defrost/etc, but just be able to control the temp with the Love controller.

Thanks again for all the help!

Old 03-02-2009, 03:20 AM   #16
kincade
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Thanks to the help of all of you I have this thing up and running. So far so good.

However, I'm not sure I programmed it correctly. I want it to chill to 42* and come back on when the temp reaches 46* (and chill back down to 42* then shut off). So I set SP to 42 and r0 to 4 and d0 to Co. It appears that r1 and r1 are just upper and lower limits. But I'm not sure if I should be adjusting c1, c2, c3 at all, and I don't think d2 and d8 do anything at all. Can anyone clarify?

Also, is P1 just a correction factor for the temp probe?

Old 03-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #17
kincade
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Can anyone advise me on the programming? Seems to be working fine but don't want to mess the controller up.