Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Where's my Sediment?
Old 02-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default Where's my Sediment?

I seem to be having either a delayed carbonation, or I screwed something up. I've got a brown ale bottled and although the carb got a little better after I put it in a warmer environment for two weeks, I noticed that some off the bottles have no sediment what so ever. I swirled a few bottles and I'll check them again in a week or so, but is having no sediment an indicator of anything? I did screw up and use a full tube of yeast nutrient. Not sure if that really matters.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2899 Times on 1708 Posts
Likes Given: 3528

I tend to get very little sediment in my bottles.....that's a "myth" that a lot of people assume...that homebrew has tons and tons of it.

Since I started leaving my beers in primary for a month then bottling, I get very very little...yet my beers carb up just fine..I think lack of sediment in homebrew means that a brewer did something right.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew