Theft in Savannah - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Theft in Savannah

Old 02-21-2009, 04:05 AM   #1
loganweaver
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Conyers Georgia

I'm at home on Friday night. I have a porter boiling away and a 1/2 dozen Sam Adams in by belly when the phone rings. Wife is on a trip to Savannah GA to visit family. She has the kids with her. 'We have a problem' comes over the line.

My mind reels, visions of a hospital torn flesh and blood enter my mind, missing child oh **** this will be bad.

'The camera was stolen while we were on the boardwalk'. Stolen from a bench where they were taking a break.

Is it possible to be relieved over a stolen camera. It would appear so. **** stolen camera, my hear is racing and my mind is running toward terrible tangents.

The ****ty part for my wife is she just finished taking pictures in the historic cemetery. Now some jerk off thief has the camera.

Things like this make my mind wonder. What if she would have seen the thief out of the corner of her eye. Her cat like reflexes spring into action. The 38 special in her purse is retrieved quickly and smoothly. All of the range training makes the stance and aim second nature. Two shots ring out and the camera is now back in our possession. One less **** head in the world.

Oh well, at leas the porter is in the carboy and everyone is safe.

Brown Porter
5.5 lb DME
.75 lb 60L Crystal
.5 lb Special B
.25 lb British Chocolate
1.5 oz Kent Golding (boil)
0.5 oz Willamette (finish)
White Labs 005 British ale yeast

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there not after you... Kurt Cobain.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:13 AM   #2
Neomich
Recipes 

Sep 2007
Fort Worth (soon)

+ 1 for your wife carrying. +10 more for her actually knowing how to use it. Sorry to hear about the camera though, that sucks. I just got back from vacation and my cell phone disappeared from my room while I was there.

-Frank Zappa

Old 02-21-2009, 04:18 AM   #3
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2008
New Bern, NC
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Her using a firearm in a stolen camera situation would have been so much worse than you just losing your camera. Glad it isn't something worse.
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 02-21-2009, 04:34 AM   #4
Madman

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Newark, DE
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you're wife was packing, she should have gone through that town in a way that would have put Sherman to shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky
I am an oddly hirsute woman.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:31 AM   #5
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

She should have just started capping mother****ers until someone coughed up the camera
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 02-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #6
Brewsmith

Recipes 

Aug 2005
Torrance, CA
Liked 64 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFlynn74 View Post
She should have just started capping mother****ers until someone coughed up the camera
With that comment I'm getting images of this...
Click image for larger version

Name:	jules.gif
Views:	97
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	9901
Fermenting:#160 Apollo/Calypso Pale Ale
Kegged:#153 Old Helicon Barleywine 2013, #157 Irish Red, #158 Mosaic IPA, #159 Bravo/Delta ESB
Up Next:Brown Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout
My Recipes
Tuba Sonata

Smith & Co. Custom Tap Handles

Old 02-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #7
Warped04
I am Wally
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2007
San Diego, CA
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastarine View Post
Her using a firearm in a stolen camera situation would have been so much worse than you just losing your camera. Glad it isn't something worse.
I agree Coastarine.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
FireBrewer

Recipes 

May 2007
Fallston, MD
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warped04 View Post
I agree Coastarine.
+1.

Sorry to hear about your camera. At least your wife and kids are ok.