a lady hit my PARKED car! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > a lady hit my PARKED car!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
GregR
Recipes 

Aug 2008
San Diego, CA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I couldn't believe it! my car was parked out in from of new place and my roommate and I were out in the front yard playing ladder ball when my neighbor (whom I hadn't met until just then) come home and while trying to parallel park side swipes my front fender! HOW DO YOU HIT A PARKED CAR? now I gotta take it to the body shop and be without my car for a while! ARGGHH!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
Donasay
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Boston
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

make sure you get her insurance info

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
The true definition of an addiction: not stopping even when a dog is having his way with you.:D
http://www.solutionsinmetal.com/

Old 02-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
GregR
Recipes 

Aug 2008
San Diego, CA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

oh I got it. thats the first thing I did.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Evan!

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts

Ha, that happened to me before, when I was bunking with my wife one summer in this tiny apartment which happened to be in the middle of UVa sorority-land. I had this old-ass volvo sedan. I was moving stuff out of the apartment, and as I'm on my way to the car with a box, I see this dumb bimbo, in slow motion, slam into my rear quarter panel while backing up. Duhhhhh. She wanted to not call the police, but I learned my lesson the first time some dumbass hit my volvo---if it's over $1000 in damage, the police must be called.

The funny thing was, I got hit twice in c-ville that summer while in the volvo. The first time, this douchie trustafarian was driving his new saab that his mom just bought him. I was stopped waiting to turn left, with my blinker on, and bam, he slams into the back of me. I get out, and the Saab is totaled. The volvo...well...the rear bumper looked slightly out of place For my trouble, I got a few thousand bucks, and never paid for the repair. The same thing with the bimbo that hit my car...I didn't care about a little dent on my quarterpanel, but to get it replaced would have been $1500. So I pocketed it. If I could have kept that car running for awhile, I could have made my living just driving around C-ville waiting for fools to hit me.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 02-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
jmulligan

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Odenton, MD
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
So I pocketed it. If I could have kept that car running for awhile, I could have made my living just driving around C-ville waiting for fools to hit me.
+2

The first time my car got hit, it was parked while I ran inside a business to grab a form. I was inside literally 2 minutes, and when I got back out, a gentleman in a large cargo van was staring at my now smashed in rear bumper. He backed right into it. Filed with insurance, got a check for $600 and my stepdad popped the bumper off and fixed it himself.

Next time, I got hit in front. I was stopped, waiting to turn right down an alley, but there was a car trying to come out of the alley. I stop, and indicate that the man could turn first (since I couldn't turn down the street with him there). Well, he starts turning, but smashes into the front driver side of my car! WTF? I am RIGHT THERE! YOU CAN SEE ME! Pocketed about $1500 for that one, and let my stepdad fix a few more things.

I hope you and your neighbor can get off to a better start, after this mess is dealt with, Greg.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts

I was moving out of out old apartment, so I was borrowing my old man's Big-Ass Red Truck. Some old Chevy with a flatbed. Diesel. Four wheel drive. MAN TRUCK.

I was standing in the back, tying some stuff down, when these neighbors from the complex next door backed up into me.

On one hand, it was a big truck, so it was easy to hit.

On the other hand, I was freakin' parked, out of the way!

Still on the second hand, the truck is bright freakin' red, you can't miss it. Well, OK, technically they COULDN'T miss it, I guess that's the problem.

Anyway, they stopped. Wouldn't look at me. Window rolled down a little bit... "Uh, my bad."

NO FREAKIN' ****, SHERLOCK!

Of course, the Big-Ass Red Truck was fine; hell, I think the whole thing is built out of cast iron. Just put a nasty scratch down the side of their car. Did I mention that once they hit, they kept going so that instead of the scratch being maybe a foot long, it went the whole length of their car?

EDIT: "Did I hurt your truck?"
"Uh, no."

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 02-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
GregR
Recipes 

Aug 2008
San Diego, CA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
Ha, that happened to me before, when I was bunking with my wife one summer in this tiny apartment which happened to be in the middle of UVa sorority-land. I had this old-ass volvo sedan. I was moving stuff out of the apartment, and as I'm on my way to the car with a box, I see this dumb bimbo, in slow motion, slam into my rear quarter panel while backing up. Duhhhhh. She wanted to not call the police, but I learned my lesson the first time some dumbass hit my volvo---if it's over $1000 in damage, the police must be called.
it was an old ass volvo that hit me. . . there wasn't even a scratch on her car. you sure you didn't sell it to some lady in San Diego?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
GregR
Recipes 

Aug 2008
San Diego, CA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmulligan View Post
I hope you and your neighbor can get off to a better start, after this mess is dealt with, Greg.
it sure was a hell of a way to meet the neighbors! but she was very nice and genuinely apologetic. her and her husband are going out of their way to make sure everything is righted. I wouldn't call this a bad start so much as an odd one. . .

Old 02-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
jds

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Littleton, CO
Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

My beloved '84 BMW 533i was totales in a hit-and-run while it was parked. I was out of town.

I guess I shouldn't complain much. I bought it for $4,000, dropped about $1,000 in repairs over 3 years and put close to 100k miles on it in that time. The insurance company totaled it out for $4,000.

Free cars FTW.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #10
GregR
Recipes 

Aug 2008
San Diego, CA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

got the estimate - just under a grand when parts/paint/labor are all added in. good thing I don't have to pay for this.