Do you ever one of those times? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Do you ever one of those times?

Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 AM   #1
AFAJ Brew Guy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Fernley, NV
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That you just want to beat the living **** out of Bill Gates? Out of the a$$holes that think it is good idea to bundle completely useless software with software that is useful? That you want to strangle your wife when you tell you to make sure that you un-check EVERY last MOTHER ******* box when she says she is going to install Shockwave? I do.

I am at the point now where I ******* hate, I mean HATE M$, Windows, Norton, PC's. I came real close to just tossing my PC out of the ******* house tonight, into traffic.

Here is the deal. Norton Security Scan, gets bundled with Shockwave. Sure you have the option of not installing it, if you un-check the ******* box. Well she didn't. Turns out the un-installer doesn't work. So while I thought I had uninstalled it 2 days ago, I was wrong. The ******* thing reinstalls it self on reboot. So I do some searching on the google, find out, there is no way anyone has aver really found to remove the thing.

So here starts the hour and half process of searches, deleting registry keys, deleting directories, removing dll's, and the such. I got rid of it, but 3 pints and AN HOUR AND A ******* HALF ******* later it is gone.

The crappy part is I do this for a living. This is my job, I am a 3rd tier IT Tech doing desktop support. I knew what I was doing. I pity the poor soul who doesnt even know what the registry is. How are they supposed to fix it. Give $300 to the a$$es at GeekSquad??? *******!!!!

Glad I got that off my chest. My wife and kid can have the PC back. I am happily typing away on my Mac Power Book. The Mac, thank you there are Apples. You want to get rid of app, drag it to the trash, you want to stop something from running, get rid of it, no big deal. I CAN NOT wait till the summer when the new iMac's and Snow Leopard come out. When that happens there will be an Office Space type PC destroying session in my back yard. You are all invited.

**** YOU PC. I AM A MAC!

Old 02-20-2009, 04:53 AM   #2
Bullbythehorns

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

You go Guy!!!!
ON TAP: Dry Irish Stout, Epic Pale Ale Clone, BM's Cent Blonde, Blackfoot River IPA, Racer 5 IPA clone with homegrown hops, Oatmeal Chocolate Stout, Threee Floyd's Gumball head clone, Moose Drools Clone
ON DECK: Saison, Pliny the Elder clone

Old 02-20-2009, 05:03 AM   #3
Nurmey
I love making Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Omaha, NE
Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts

Best rant I've seen in a long time.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #4
orangeandblue302
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Delaware

plus the fact that 99.99999999% of all viruses are made for attacks on M$ why would you get anything other than a mac. Ha this from a guy with a PC but hey, I built and an its still alive and well. I just have to be 60,000 times more careful than my 6 your old niece on her moms (my sister...duh) mac.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:23 AM   #5
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN
Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

Linux.

Secure until it gains 40% of the market share and people start writing viruses for it...

Old 02-20-2009, 06:08 AM   #6
AFAJ Brew Guy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Fernley, NV
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah the virus thing sucks. I just had to participate in an audit at work. The guy form the systems office was wondering why I had no virus protection in one of our Mac labs. My response, we don't need it. I have been using a Mac for 10 years, PC's a lot longer. I know I am not your average user, but I have 0 Mac viruses and even being careful I get about 25-10 viruses on my PC a year. I know that will change as more and more macs get on the market, but for now, it is safe.

The only reason I have the PC in the house is that back when I built the thing we really needed a new computer. It was cheaper for me to build a damn good PC than it was to buy a Mac. Now that the PC is pushing 4 years old, I can justify buying a new one this summer.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:14 AM   #7
orangeandblue302
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Delaware

my point exactly. when this bi*ch breaks its mac or nothing. it may be a fisher price computer but its a damn safe fisher price computer.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:26 AM   #8
AFAJ Brew Guy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Fernley, NV
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I don't know, I don't even think fisher price can make aluminum look as sexy as Apple does

Old 02-20-2009, 06:27 AM   #9
orangeandblue302
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Delaware

true, i was making a feeble attempt at a joke due to its ease of use.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 152 Times on 143 Posts

Quote:
plus the fact that 99.99999999% of all viruses are made for attacks on M$
Not true any more and back in the 80s almost all viruses were on Apples. When I worked on the Space Station project, we opened the cases & disconnected the floppy drives to prevent "sneaker-net" infections.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk