I'm this close to giving up. Seriously. - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I'm this close to giving up. Seriously.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 05:19 AM   #21
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN
Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

love to get a woman's opinion on this, as well...

Yoop around??

Old 02-20-2009, 05:24 AM   #22
orangeandblue302
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Delaware

i should actually say everyone has bi-polar tendencies but women seem to be in less control of them.....i would hate to be chauvinistic.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:26 AM   #23
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblue302 View Post
i should actually say everyone has bi-polar tendencies but women seem to be in less control of them.....i would hate to be chauvinistic.
Seems to coincide with the phases of the moon, in fact................. The guy who wrote the first werewolf story was married for sure.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 AM   #24
orangeandblue302
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Delaware

bahahaha i cant say for sure having never been married. I have been in more than one awful relationship though if that counts. Never date a reformed stripper.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:28 AM   #25
Picobrew
Biscuit Enthusiast
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2009
NW Portland, OR
Liked 23 Times on 15 Posts

I don't really know any of you dudes, but this sounds torturous! I have some friends whose wives are sort of like this - they go out all the time with friends and have social lives, but if their husbands do anything they are perceived as being a bad father, cheating, or whatever.

I have been living/loving with the same girl for 10 years, and the only advice I have is to be honest and open about your feelings as much as possible. It sounds like your wife is really insecure, and is really paranoid that you will "cheat" on her, although based on what you have said, it sounds like you don't have a swinging social life and she has no reason to be worried. I think in this case, your uncomfortable feelings about being accused and distrusted all the time are very important to bring up - she needs to know that it hurts you because you love her so much. If she is mad that you are LATE, that is one thing, but to pile on the "you're cheating on me" just isn't fair.

I have no idea how you can convince her to trust you and let you tie one on with the boys now and then, but some honest discussion about her overreaction and how it hurts you to be accused of cheating seems like a good start. You need to setup some kind of quid pro quo where you can both have some semblance of a life without distrusting each other.

All this being said, if all of the reasoning is irrational, frank conversations sure can be difficult.

ps. sheesh i signed up for a homebrew forum and now im totally sober trying to think about marriage. wow.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:29 AM   #26
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

On the one hand, I have a bad habit of staying in relationships too long.....
On the other, sometimes I don't want to hear the truth and instead maybe a "god that sucks, you hang in there", but ya know, more sincere than that.

Tonight I was tossing around the trial separation/marriage counselor thing. Hell, I've been to therapists before. Certainly helped me out.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:33 AM   #27
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

I'm not even sure how she can say I was late. I texted her asking when she wanted me home and she said whenever.

I mean if she's not going to be direct with me....

Old 02-20-2009, 05:34 AM   #28
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

Oh, and... I'm quite positive she'll be penitent in a day or two. She always is.

Which makes it all the more difficult to talk about her reactions because after all... she said sorry...

Old 02-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #29
beesy
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

that is the exact reason why i will never get married!!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:44 AM   #30
orangeandblue302
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernerbits View Post
Oh, and... I'm quite positive she'll be penitent in a day or two. She always is.

Which makes it all the more difficult to talk about her reactions because after all... she said sorry...
talk to her when she seems to be in a receptive or generally upbeat mood. at least it will be less likely to escalate. just my dr. phil 2 cents (that guy is a douche)

Closed Thread