I'm this close to giving up. Seriously. - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I'm this close to giving up. Seriously.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 05:06 AM   #11
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN
Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblue302 View Post
how long did you know her before marriage? that could have alot to do with it.
We dated three years before we got married.

I swear, half the time I do this she's perfectly fine with it. The other half it's like I've married a serial killer.

I try to bring this up with her when she's in a good mood and it's this hurt little, "why would you bring that up?" kind of reaction...

And really, this behavior seemed to have gone away for awhile, but at the same time I wasn't going out much. And yeah, I really don't have any close friends, unfortunately.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:10 AM   #12
nosmatt
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Bass Lake, Ca
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

well, be honest here, and if you have been drinkin, like i have, well........read this tomorrow.

i see all this **** lately about 50% failure rate in marriage these days, and i think.... it is because people are ****ing lazy. lazy ****ing ****s!

anyway, marriage is work. no doubt about it.
i have been married for ten years, best ten of my 35, make no mistake about it, but better than any of my dating years.
my wife is my best freind, and i believe, that is how it is supposed to be. my old best freind, well, he is married now, and we talk every now and again, but he has his own life, and i have mine.
im not whipped mind you (and you married guys know, you get less after marriage than your worst dry spell!) but your priorities need to change, both of yours, and if you all do not talk together... your mr. statistic here soon.

get off the f'n internet, and talk to her.
dont go to sleep pissed at each other, and dont f'n scream/yell at each other. makes ya resent the other, and that wont help logevity(sp?) of a relationship.

SWMBO is awesome. would not know what to do without her, and i would not have it any other way. (ok, im hoping she reads this, and i get the best $%%!@#*(*(#$&*^&%^$%^ i ever had!!!)

primary 1 thru 5: beer, or air
secondary: beer, or air
bottle conditioning: lot's of beer

Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 AM   #13
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

I don't even know if that's fair. It's not even half the time. It's just so unpredictable when it does happen that I've always let my guard down when it does.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 AM   #14
llazy_llama

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Rapid City, South Dakota
Liked 90 Times on 28 Posts

I hate to say something like this, but there could very well be some genuine problem with your wife. I dated a girl for a few months who acted very much like this. It would have only been a few weeks, but man she was hot. Sometimes she would be cool as a fan, and then every once in a while she'd fly off the handle for hours at a time. I ended up breaking it off after she pulled a kitchen knife on me. A little bit of crazy I can handle, more so if it's in the bedroom, but weapons are right out.

Found out years later that she was bipolar, and now that she's on meds, we're friends again. She's totally cool now.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:14 AM   #15
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

nosmatt -- that's the thing. I've *tried* to talk with her. Hell! The first thing I did when I got home was try to give her a hug and she shoved me away.

But what am I supposed to do? Apologize for not screwing around when she thinks I am screwing around? It's not like I kept her out of the loop about when I'd be home -- hell even when I was out with the guys I was texting her constantly! I'm sure if I were getting a lap dance I'd be a tad more distracted...

It's not as if I'm not trying here....

Old 02-20-2009, 05:14 AM   #16
llazy_llama

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Rapid City, South Dakota
Liked 90 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmatt View Post
(and you married guys know, you get less after marriage than your worst dry spell!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmatt View Post
(and you married guys know, you get less after marriage than your worst dry spell!)
Quoted twice, because it's so f***ing true.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:16 AM   #17
orangeandblue302
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Delaware

RDWHAHB!!!

perfect time for this!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:16 AM   #18
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

I've wondered about the bipolar thing, actually.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:17 AM   #19
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblue302 View Post
RDWHAHB!!!

perfect time for this!
With two rather strong beers already in me and the buzz still not all the way out of my system, and given the situation, I'd say that, for me, to RDWHAHB would be to self-medicate at this point.

Unfortunately.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:18 AM   #20
orangeandblue302
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernerbits View Post
I've wondered about the bipolar thing, actually.
as a psych major and a man, i think all women are bi-polar

Closed Thread