I'm this close to giving up. Seriously. - Page 17 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I'm this close to giving up. Seriously.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 05:17 AM   #161
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN
Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

Well, we're 1,000 miles away from all that bullcrap. It's not out of the country but it's at least distance.

The point is, given the circumstance, I'm pretty sure that the reasons behind her insecurities are not because she's cheating on me. It's just frustrating to have to deal with constant insinuations of naivete when I think I have a pretty good grasp of where her issues stem from.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:18 AM   #162
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

I can understand if you don't want to commiserate with a pathetic dude who's whining about his situation and not doing a thing about it.

But again, I think I've earned the right to vent a little.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #163
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

Is there a way to sticky that post? I think I'm gonna link to that one if anyone else suggests she's cheating on me from now on.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:21 AM   #164
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

vent away!
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 03-05-2009, 05:26 AM   #165
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

guess it's a good thing this is off in the NSFW section.

It's really my fault for knowingly marrying into that insanity. It just never seemed to touch me until we got married. The bizarre thing is the majority of her extended family is quite normal. Rowdy, but normal.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:29 AM   #166
knarfks
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Kansas

I'm happy to see things are going well.
Keep working at it, if it works then awesome, that is the hope.
But the key here is to continue to work at it, not be ok with things going well now and hoping things stay that way.

Congrats on being man enough to stick out a difficult situation and work for it, as you see most would turn and run.
Kegged: Apfelwein...wedding cleared out 3 kegs

Old 03-05-2009, 05:32 AM   #167
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

Quote:
Congrats on being man enough to stick out a difficult situation and work for it, as you see most would turn and run.
You may be the first person on here to call me a man for wanting to honor my wedding vows. You, sir, are my hero right now.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:44 AM   #168
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN

Since the thread kinda died I'm gonna turn in.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #169
Domminigan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Wichita, KS
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The way that I see it, It looks like you've got a slightly broken Dryer.
It has taken it's lumps over the years, had a few bowling balls ran through it, so it's a little banged up, and sometimes it tears up a shirt or a sock.

The good things about it:
It's been around a while and you know what to expect from it for the most part.
You know how every dent and snag got there.
It's familiar, and familiar is comfortable.
Sometimes it dries the clothes without tearing anything up.

The bad things about it:
It runs rough even on a good day.
Even when nothing seems to be wrong, it will still tear up a shirt.
The old snags and dents are cumulative.
It occasionally bursts into flames.

Repairing your dryer might cost more, but if you call in a professional, you might get better results.

To get the best results, make a mental list of problems that your dryer has that need to be corrected. You need to tell the professional about every time that it tears up a sock, about every time that it catches fire, and every time that it runs rough. Because you know that when he gets there, the dryer will be working fine.

The professional will take some time to get your dryer fixed, especially since it's the type that can't come out of service to be worked on.

The professional might be able to pop out some of the dents, might be able to replace the belts, rollers, and guides to make it run smoothly. He might even be able to repair the barrel so that it even stops tearing up the occasional sock.

The Professional might tell you that the unit needs more experience than you have. You might be able to learn how to operate it better.

Then again, he might tell you that it's a piece of junk and you need to get rid of it.

In any case, You need to get that Dryer serviced, and serviced soon; because even a closely watched dryer that catches fire will eventually burn your whole damn house down. It might even take you with it.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #170
TwoHeadsBrewing

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Chico, CA
Liked 39 Times on 36 Posts

My advice, go rent the movie Fireproof. Yes, it's cheezy. Yes, it has lots of religious nonsense in it. Yes, it has lots of bad acting. BUT, and this is a big BUT. If you never try to save your marriage by putting yourself totally and completely on the line, you'll always wonder if there were something else you could have done. This movie is about a married couple with issues, and ready to split up. There is also this concept of the "Love Dare" where you concentrate on showing love and expecting nothing in return.

I'd try that and some marriage counseling as a last resort. If that doesn't work I think you have to walk away, for your own sanity and for the betterment of both of your lives. But you have to try EVERYTHING first, IMHO. Otherwise, 20 years down the road you'll be wondering "what if". If you try everything and it doesn't work, then Fuc% it...people change, people grow apart, and life is too short to live in misery by choice. Hang in there man, if you really love her be prepared to sacrifice yourself to show it. Another good movie, "the last kiss" with zach braff. Good message and also a great soundtrack IMHO. Best quote from that movie, "Love is not what you say, that only matters to you. It only matters how you show your love to the other person through your actions." Or something like that...anyways, apfelwein is awesome!

Fermenting: ESB
Kegged: Extra IPA, Brown Ale, American Wheat, Blackheart Stout
Coming Up: Dunkleweizen, 3C Pale Ale

DIY Fermentation Chamber
More Brew Stuff

Closed Thread