Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Nashville Brew Stores

Old 02-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
gwalt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Nashville Brew Stores

I am in Nashville, TN heading home (to Birmingham, AL) tomorrow and I want to locate a good store to stop and stock up on quality brews that our Alabama governmet deem illegal. Yes, I am a naughty bootlegger!

Do you guys have a few suggestions? I am staying downtown and headed south via I-65. So any where between the city and south.

Bottled - Flanders red, barrel aged Belgian IPA, Oud Bruin clone

Old 02-19-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
Opherman47
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

frugal mcdougal the best, or on your way down 65 hit up woody's smokes and brews

Old 02-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
Cpt_Kirks
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 40 Posts

I have heard of a good one in Goodletsville, you will be passing right through there.

I used to live near there. One time, I walked right by Vince Gill in the Kroger there. I was thinking, "Do I know that guy?". When I got home, I saw him on the local news and realized who he was.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
Dagatris
Recipes 

We stop in at Woody's Smokes & Brews quite often. It's in the Cool Springs area next to Academy sports. Get off on Moores lane, then make a left on Mallory.

If you have a Growler, bring it along. They change out their tap choices often.

Their phone number in case you can't find them is 615-778-9760. I carry one of their business cards in my wallet!!
Drinking: Irish Stout, Ed's Apfelwein, Chocolate Stout, Holiday Spiced Ale, Irish Red Ale, Watermelon Wine

Old 02-23-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
gwalt
Recipes 

Thank you all for the quick responses. I ended up stopping at Woody's because I was already out of downtown. When I got home and informed the SWMBO that I'd just dropped $75 on beer I was pleasantly surpirsed by the "you must have picked up some nice stuff.." response. Plus it helped that I grabbed a sixer of Fat Tire for the lady. (I find that beer doesn't live up to it's cult rep.... )

Thanks again!!

Bottled - Flanders red, barrel aged Belgian IPA, Oud Bruin clone