Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > adding dried cherries to apfelwein

Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
no1likesme
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default adding dried cherries to apfelwein

I am making a batch of apfelwein using a half gallon of cherry pomegranate juice. I am going to be adding dehydrated cherries to add a little more flavor. It has been in primary for week now and the bubbling in the airlock is starting to slow to about one bubble every 2-3 seconds.

I have about 14 oz dry tart cherries and I was wondering when to add them. Should I add them now, wait until it stops bubbling, or wait an extra three weeks? I have done some reading here and people recommend 5+ lbs of fresh cherries in order to get sufficient flavor, how does this compare to dehydrated ones? how much should I add?

thanks

Bottled: Irish Stout
Bottled: American Pale Ale
Bottled: Cherry/pomegranate apfelwein

YOU LOST THE GAME!!

Old 02-18-2009, 04:02 AM   #2
culaslucas
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I don't know about when to add the cherries but this sounds awesome! be sure to post your results!