Attention: All Brits! - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Attention: All Brits!

Old 06-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Calgary
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Are there any good spots for a pint near Heathrow? I'll be overnighting there on or about the 25th of this month.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:46 PM   #2
Caplan
Recipes 

Aug 2005
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

None that i know of but it's been years since i was living down in the South East!
Try this link and find your own level i guess - http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...how_comments=5
Choose well! You'd be better getting a taxi driver to take you a big Tesco/Sainsburys/ASDA Supermarket and stocking up on a few bottles to take home with you some real UK beers. Then back to the airport area and just find a pub for a 'potentially interesting' World Cup Football match if things pan out as per usual!

Old 06-22-2006, 01:37 AM   #3
ajf

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Long Island
Liked 105 Times on 99 Posts

If I recall correctly, you can get real ales in the airport, but you would probably get better atmosphere, selection, food, and prices in a pub outside of the airport; and preferably one in a residential area rather than one catering to travelers.

Great link by Caplan.

-a.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:06 AM   #4
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Calgary
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Hey thanks! That is a great link. I have been unable to check it out until right now, as the powers that be have finally relaxed the internet filters. Real ale here I come! Anyone want to meet me there?