Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Kumquats!!! making my first mead with em'
Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kauai_Kahuna View Post
Sounds like you have a winner here, I think I need to check out some of the farmers markets if I ever get some free time. Glad it came out well, may I just recommend using some smaller bottles with meads. I do almost half of the batch with standard 12oz bottles, and a few large wine bottles. One 12oz is pretty strong, a whole bottle of a high ABV mead will make for a pretty hard morning by myself.
I also find it easier to "loose" or properly age a six pack of 12oz bottles, my brother seems to track down and distroy the larger bottles after two years or so.
may just do some of that with a 5 gallon batch - though... I don't think I'll be drinking this stuff alone... Ever probably bring em' out for special occasions when I have a dinner party or BBQ - so the 750s would get split between 4 or so people (and you know how quick a 750 goes when 4 people share it...) I'm thinking Next big Ono or Mahi Mahi I catch I'm gonna call some friends grill him with some Thai inspired spices, serve him along side some sticky rice and asparagus and break out one of these suckers...

In primary: Earl Gray hard cider,
In secondary: Blueberry apple Monster
Bottled: "All apple" Apfelwein, Mixed berry country wine, Kick yer' butt Hard Cider, "All apple" Achtung!Apfelwein, Kumquat mead, "All apple" hard cider.
Drinking: "All Apple" Apfelwein, Mixed Berry Country wine, Blueberry Belgian White ale.

comming to a carboy near you...
Redhook ESB clone
Old 05-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #22

I'm new here.....
I googled pineapple swipe and found this thread.....
I'm trying to find some sort of recipe.
I am trying a batch that I made just like apple cider but its not really kicking.....
Any one got a good, quick Swipe recipe?

Old 04-25-2010, 03:12 AM   #23
Liked 105 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 42

sorry to hit up an old thread but kumquats are in the same genus as loquats and we have plenty in the SE. I planted an orchard so I am looking for feedback. They'll be ripe in about one month. Was planning a wine but this has started my brain gears. How did it turn out?
....just add water.....