Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Flying High from My first AG

Old 02-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
wood7588
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Flying High from My first AG

Today was a big day for me. After putting together my cooler and keggle system over the last few months I finally got to put it to use.
Brewed up a Wit for my first AG try and things went pretty well overall. I ran into one problem at the end. I used a IC chiller and the hops and cold break were to much for my dip tube filter. It clogged up real quick on me. I finally had to use a racking cane to get the wort into the fermenter. I am going to have to revisit the filter thing for next time. The best part of the day was nailing the OG right on the head with a 73% eff.
Thanks to everyone here on HBT for your wisdom and advice. You guys seem to answer all the questions I dont even realize I have yet.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
QueenCityALER
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood7588 View Post
Today was a big day for me. After putting together my cooler and keggle system over the last few months I finally got to put it to use.
Brewed up a Wit for my first AG try and things went pretty well overall. I ran into one problem at the end. I used a IC chiller and the hops and cold break were to much for my dip tube filter. It clogged up real quick on me. I finally had to use a racking cane to get the wort into the fermenter. I am going to have to revisit the filter thing for next time. The best part of the day was nailing the OG right on the head with a 73% eff.
Thanks to everyone here on HBT for your wisdom and advice. You guys seem to answer all the questions I dont even realize I have yet.
If you continue to have problems with the hops, you could boil them in a hop bag. It works really well for me, and keeps hop particulates out of my wort. That being said, welcome to the show!!! AG is the WAY my friend.

Hell or High water Brewery

All Brews: ALL GRAIN ALL THE TIME!