Gah! Im getting sick of my 'fru fruish' beers - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Gah! Im getting sick of my 'fru fruish' beers

Old 02-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
JoeMama

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Call it a phase or whatever, or at least I hope it is... But my last 2 batches are getting on my nerves right now.

I kegged my DC raspberry stout a couple of weeks ago and tapped it today to see how it tasted.

Tonight, I kegged my AHS Holiday ale after it had been in the primary for a month.

The DC stout was rather tasty but could use some more time to age, but definitely not a daily drinker (the jury is still out on this one) At any rate, the sweet cloying smell of the reminants of my DC stout in the glass, and the sweet spicy cloying smell of the holiday ale just rubbed me the wrong way tonight.
Maybe its the reminants of this flu/cold **** and feeling like ass in general. But these beers just pissed me off tonight. Im gonna drink a Boddingtons now.
-Me

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
JoeMama

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

It must be the reminants of my sickness... Even this Rogue brown ale pissing me off with how it tastes too...

WTF?
-Me

Old 02-15-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
Notnice
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

im not really a fan of the "fru furish" fruty beers either. once in a while is ok but just not really my bag. with that said I may try to make one just because

Priming: CBB 1.1, apfelwein
Chillin:1st Mead, ApfelMango-Cyzer, aleApfelwein,blackchapfelwein,blackfelwein,
Blucyzer, Cyzer.
Bottled: Apfelwein 2, Crazy Beech Bitter
Trench Town Brown, Mouf of the Souf Stout, New Mouf of the Souf, Oaked Apfel, Slow-wit
Next Up:Cream ale, Scott red, 888RIS or cocoOatmealRIS, Apfelwein and more Apfelwein

"Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep you're mouth shut."-E. Hemingway

Old 02-15-2009, 02:48 AM   #4
Jolly McStanson
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Newport RI
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm fighting something off too. My home brew is pissing me off also. I was blaming the way I feel on my home brew. I'm drinking scotch and water tonight.
Kegged: half of something from last Spring
Kegged: half of something from last Spring

Old 02-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
VatorMan

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Maryland

I put a standard Porter and Blue Moon clone in primary yesterday. Blue Moon is the wife's. But I understand what you mean.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
brewt00l
Recipes 

Dec 2006
Doylestown, PA
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

For me, those kinda beers are perfect candidates for 3 gallon batches....if I really dig 'em and they get zapped quick, I'll just brew it again.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt00l View Post
For me, those kinda beers are perfect candidates for 3 gallon batches....if I really dig 'em and they get zapped quick, I'll just brew it again.
I agree smaller batches might be a good idea. If you are kegging and making something other than a session beer, it might be worth bottling that batch. No need to tie up a keg. Unless you love stout and are into it as a daily drink.

I would hate to have a big raspberry porter or a holiday ale in a keg come spring. To me, an October Pumpkin Ale is a prime candidate for bottling.

If this bothers you get a blichman beer gun, some bottles and empty that sucker when you get tired of knocking them back.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 02-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Liked 261 Times on 134 Posts

spices and fruit FTL

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 02-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #9
JoeMama

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Im thinking that the beer gun (or other suitable alternative) might have to be whats on the buy list next. I just recently got into kegging cause its something new and cool and blah blah blah...

With that comes the fact that you now have 5 gallons... 5 WHOLE gallons... 5 WHOLE GALLONS that will sit there and take up space until you drink it.

Noone told me that kegging would have this downside to it damn it!
-Me

Old 02-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
IowaHarry
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Western Ia.
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBrewer View Post
spices and fruit FTL
FTL? = Faster Than Light? Fat Tard Looser? Fun Tight Leila? Failure To Launch? Fruity Tooty Lubricant?

If your beer is making you angry you might as well switch to whiskey and really get your crank on.

The beverage of choice for murderers and sports writers the world over.

Whiskey, it's not just for breadfast anymore.