Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Surly anyone???

Old 02-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #11
cowstick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So being a Minneapolis resident/brewer/beer lover I have a love for surly that my friends hate cause it directs up to bars that have surly. Or ill only go to bars that have surly. Last year they brewed only 10,000 barrels of thier beer. Omar(the owner/brewer) Does a majority of the delivering of the beer to bars and beer stores. The list for stores to get surly is at least 74 (thats the number the beer store is by my place). He is working with distributers to get it else where(other states).

Bender is a wonderful Brown Ale. Furious is a great IPA. Darkness which only comes out from Halloween till its gone(which is two weeks) is a Russian Imperial Stout and yes Its thick sweet and very strong. 10.9% ABV Coffee Bender is a Coffee Brown Ale

So unless you can get here I suggest having a friend send you some. I usually have a corny on tap here at the house along with my stuff.

Bottled: Honey Kolsch
Primary: St. Paul Porter
Primary:
Primary:
Primary:
Kegged:
On Deck: Patersbier

Murderbrau has taken over

Old 02-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #12
Crayfish
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I had a Surly on tap at Small Bar on Division in Chicago over a year ago. I forget the style-it was RISesque. I remeber they had a 2 glass limit due to the high ABV. Thought that was kind of unnecessary.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #13
HuffDaddy
Recipes 

They have the Surly Furious on tap at Uncommon Ground in Chicago. Its pretty tasty imho.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #14
Rhoobarb

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The wife & I are spending the afternoon at The Map Room tomorrow and they have Surly Oak-Aged Bender on cask. I plan to have one! It's described as:
Quote:
a smooth, creamy American brown ale with the usual complex malt base but with some smokiness and whiskey character.