Dogfish Head 90Min IPS *First time* - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Dogfish Head 90Min IPS *First time*

Old 02-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
jrodincincy
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Cincinnati, OH

Ok, I bought a four pack of 12oz bottles. Cracked one open last night and took a drink, holly **** I got a smack it the face!! I mean this in a good/interesting way. At 9% ABV I could taste the alcohol in this bastard. First sip was a bit harsh as I wasn't expecting it. After the second and third swig I really started to enjoy this beer.

I'm looking forward to having another today when I get home after work. This beer is defenitly not for the BMC wienies out there that can't stomach anything other than their beloved light beer. (No pun intended, I do like my bud light from time to time)

I think It was a little too cold at first (drank straight from the frige.) The tastes/flavor became more enjoyable/noticable as the beer sat and warmed up a bit. I just don't think I can drink any more than a couple of these dudes in one sitting..lol

Thought I'd share the experience of my first DFH 90Min with yas a little bit.

Edit: Yes I miss typed IPA and put IPS. I fat fingered the keyboard, but its fixed now.
"To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, 'the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, and the fruits acquired by it.'"

- Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun
Liked 328 Times on 324 Posts

Yeah, I was wondering if they had a new beer, IPS, let's see what could the S stand for, Indian Pale Scotch

Old 02-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
Austin_

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Nashville, TN
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I thought you were going to say it tasted bad, hence the IPS, or Imperial Piece of s***.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
jrodincincy
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_LSU View Post
I thought you were going to say it tasted bad, hence the IPS, or Imperial Piece of s***.
Stinking typos!!

lol.. Actually I enjoyed it after the initial hit due to me not expecting it at first.
"To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, 'the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, and the fruits acquired by it.'"

- Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #5
safemammal
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Grand Rapids, MI

If you can get your hands on it, give Bell's Hopslam a try sometime....it's a real kick in the arse!!

Old 02-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
jgardner6
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2009
TX
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Yeah its really good, drank it all up in one night.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
adrock

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Fort Thomas, KY
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by safemammal View Post
If you can get your hands on it, give Bell's Hopslam a try sometime....it's a real kick in the arse!!
+1 on this, jrod...assuming you haven't already had it. Also, Stone Ruination IPA. Both are available at the Party Source, and both crush DFH 90 min IPA, IMHO.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #8
VatorMan

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Maryland

It's a real bummer to have a DFH Alehouse a mile from me. They have 90 on tap. I usually get a 75. Half 60 and half 90.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:55 AM   #9
Madman

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Newark, DE
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Enjoying a few 90mins right now. This is a goddamned good beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky
I am an oddly hirsute woman.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:23 AM   #10
MikeG

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Atlanta, GA
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I bought a 4-pack tonight (my first of these) and is in the fridge, it'll be ready this weekend!