Regarding Orfy's OSH recipe:
Im planning to brew this with extract and steeped grain, this is my first time so i want to check the technique required...
TYPE: Extract and Steep
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 2.43 gal
Boil Time: 60 Minutes
6 lbs 1.5 oz Pale Liquid Extract (8.0 SRM)
13.1 oz Lyle's Golden Syrup (0.0 SRM)
9.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM)
2.40 oz Northern Brewer [8.50%] (60 min) Hops 42.1 IBU
0.80 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00%] (15 min) Hops 4.1 IBU
0.53 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00%] (5 min) Hops 1.1 IBU
2.9 oz Dememera Sugar
Mash Schedule: None
1. Heat up 2.43 gallons of tap water to 67C, then put in grain (in a bag) for 60 mins. (this is called steeping, right?)
2. Bring to the boil, add LME, syrup and sugar whilst stiring gently, then boil for 60 mins watching for boil overs!
3. Add northern brewer hops as soon as it starts boiling (60mins)
4. Add golding hops when 15 mins remaining
5. Add golding hops when 5 mins remaining
6. Cool as fast as possible in ice bath.
7. Poor into primary and add enough water to make up 5gal total.
8. Pitch in the yeast.
Is this correct?