Was anyone a lot better looking a few years ago? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Was anyone a lot better looking a few years ago?

Old 02-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
Jolly McStanson
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Newport RI
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I was looking though some stuff and came across some old drivers licence's. I was much better looking a few years ago. I have a double chin and my face is puffy now with bags under my eyes lol. I used to have a flat stomach, now I can set a pint of beer on the top of it wile I'm standing.

I'm blaming it on all the beer drinking I do. I wouldn't have to try too hard to empty a five gallon keg in a week, and that's with out help. But I love brewing so much I guess being ugly now is a price ill have to pay, lololol. As long as the woman dont mind, I dont mind.

I wonder how Bruce Springsteen dose it. Hes like 60 something and he looks good and trim. Or how about Clint Eastwood. Hes like 80 now and he doesnt look to bad. John Madden is over seventy and hes fat and still looks good.
Kegged: half of something from last Spring

Old 02-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3062 Times on 3003 Posts

And john elway is like 40 something and looks like he just called out a grave in the middle of the Sahara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 02-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

I was a bit thinner, but I have a face only my SWMBO and mom love..... What's that honey, I'm an ugly bastard?

Old 02-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
surfbrewer
Recipes 

Sep 2007
SLO County, CA

All I can say is its a damn good thing I'm happily married I've been on a diet since the new year and I've lost 5 lbs. so far, only 15-20 to go and I'll be back down to a pretty decent weight, although no where near where I was back in my 20's. Oh well, I love the brew what can I say

Cheers

Primary #1 - Apfelwine #1
Primary #2 -

Conditioning -

On Tap - Abbey Road ESB
Liquid Amber

Next up - Belgian Dark Strong, Apfelwine

Old 02-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #5
ChshreCat

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 545 Times on 437 Posts

The biggest thing... I had hair 10 years ago. Full, thick and long down to the small of my back. Women LOVED my hair, especially my wife. I was asked to model by two different agencies! Now I'm an old bald guy!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #6
pedalmedic

Recipes 

Nov 2008

Gone gray to fast... even my pubes are gray at 40
Primay 2 Kolsch
secondary air
On Deck kipping fingers crossed for AG 10 gal batch

"Get real man. Most eunuchs have got more balls than you. "
- Lister

Old 02-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #7
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8090 Times on 5646 Posts

I've always been a "butterface" but it seems like old age hit me hard. I'm still fairly thin and athletic, but all my body parts are rearranged.

I say I still have the body I did 25 years ago, everything is just 2 inches lower.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #8
Jolly McStanson
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Newport RI
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
The biggest thing... I had hair 10 years ago. Full, thick and long down to the small of my back. Women LOVED my hair, especially my wife. I was asked to model by two different agencies! Now I'm an old bald guy!
I had my picture with a local model agency in my early 20s but never got any work. I have the Dave Letterman hair now with an island in the front. But Dave doesn't have neck fat like I do. You know when your chin is part of your chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722
And john elway is like 40 something and looks like he just called out a grave in the middle of the Sahara
Ya I noticed that too.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #9
mattmcl
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Erie, CO
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

The grey started for me a long time ago. I turn 40 this year and am at least 50/50. I put on about 20 pounds since college too. But hell, blood pressure is low and cholesterol is under 200. I quit smoking since college too, so I figure the 20 lbs. is worth that trade off.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:10 AM   #10
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Mariposa, CA
Liked 125 Times on 123 Posts

I think between 40 and 50 men go through a "menopause" where the testosterone levels decline rapidly and the estrogen levels increase. This makes dropping the weight harder and energy levels drop.
I'll gain weight and then it stops going up. I'll still do the same thing but my weight doesn't go up or down. I know if I get active it will drop but the energy is just not there. To answer your question, yes.