It's a wonder any of us survive at all

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pfffff and 30% never wear sunglasses when there is a
solar flare directly at the apex of a lunar alignment during
mars retrograde.

I hate statistics

Er, these are the risky behaviors? I was expecting crocodile wrestling, skydiving, and stealing ice cream from sad women.

That's where all the nasty crap is. If I can feel it in there, it's a-swabbin' time. Many apologies to my tympanic membrane.

Then just squirt some hydrogen peroxide in there. Works 10x better than swabbing and without that pesky popped ear drum.

Then just squirt some hydrogen peroxide in there. Works 10x better than swabbing and without that pesky popped ear drum.

Plus, it's been a while since I highlighted my ear hair...

Saw this on the news this morning. 13% of Americans drink beer while using power tools. Never done that before. :D

I think it's important to get that right level of beer in your system. Not enough to totally make you useless, but enough that it doesn't hurt so bad when the dremel wheel cuts into you leg from that piece of copper pipe you are trying to cut using your legs as a vise.

"An earlier report on the survey found that 58 percent never wear a helmet while bicycling"
I'd say thats pretty good. What being up from 0% when even I was a kid just 15-20 Years ago.

Hell I drink when touching power tools,welders,torches,I even drink when I insert a cotton swab inside my eardrum.Maybe thats the reason why I cant type worth a ****.I am in the carpenters union and I Feel safer when some of the guys were drinking.It dosent say anything about racing motorcycles,quads,or high speed golf carts so i guess I am half safe.Or half druck at the moment.:ban::tank:

I will never-ever-ever do another project without having a few beers first.
A few weeks ago, I had a splinter in the eye-had to go to the hospital to have it removed. No beer previous to incident.
I was on the ladder last week on wed. at 10 am emptying my attic/storage in the hallway,step off the ladder and crack/pop/*&%$. Broken foot.

Now what have I done with some beer in me?
Drink at least 6/8 beers:
fire up the chainsaw.
cut the grass
edge and weedwhack the lawn-
Use various and assorted power tools, including concrete mixer, hammer drill, jackhammer, and roofing nailer.
Never got hurt because with a few beers in me, I tend to be overly careful.

You really have to be some sort of retarded mongoloid to not stop when the q-tip reaches the eardrum and just keep going.

Saw this on the news this morning. 13% of Americans drink beer while using power tools. Never done that before. :D

I think it's important to get that right level of beer in your system. Not enough to totally make you useless, but enough that it doesn't hurt so bad when the dremel wheel cuts into you leg from that piece of copper pipe you are trying to cut using your legs as a vise.

What's sad is, I didn't realize that power tools would operate without an open beer nearby.

Qtips can also strip the protective wax from your ear canal and make getting ear infections much easier. But of course it is so hard to not get in there and dig around. It is the second best feeling one can do to their own body. Ok third if you are only talking about using other items...

What's sad is, I didn't realize that power tools would operate without an open beer nearby.

Ha! Amen to that.

The real problem is that way too many non-drinkers (and all anti-alcohol types) equate drinking a beer with being drunk. You can't just have a tasty, refreshing beverage -- you have to get so drunk that you can't function (and go on a murdering rampage with your cordless drill).

I run into these people constantly here in Utah and I have many friends and family who think that way.

The real problem is that way too many non-drinkers (and all anti-alcohol types) equate drinking a beer with being drunk. You can't just have a tasty, refreshing beverage -- you have to get so drunk that you can't function (and go on a murdering rampage with your cordless drill).

My former business partner used to insist that regularly drinking an alcoholic beverage, just to enjoy the beverage, was in fact alcoholism. He was convinced I had a drinking problem because I'll occasionally order a beer at lunch or drink in the morning on a weekend.

He was convinced that it was healthier to drink only a couple times a year. Of course, his definition of "drinking" was binge until you pass out, and "couple times a year" actually meant once a month. And I was the alcoholic.

Back