I made my first batch of all grain yesterday and it didn't go as smooth as I hoped. Part of the reason was probably due to drinking a few DFH "Olde Schools" during the mash. Here is what happened:
1. Forgot to add my Irish Moss to the boil.
2. Sometime while taking temperature readings, I dropped my probe thermometer too far into the wort, causing the it to mess up. Because it wasn't working, I accidentally chilled my wort to 50 degrees.
3. Added leaf hops without a hop bag and clogged the ball valve on my kettle.
4. Proceeded to attempt an auto-siphon and gummed it up immediately.
5. Grabbed a bucket to strain the hops out of the wort. After straining, I realized I grabbed the wrong one (wasn't sanitized).
I guess all in all, it wasn't too bad. I didn't quite get the efficiency i hoped for, but I expected that on my first batch. I'm just worried about an infection setting in.