Central Veeyay Brewdown Ought-Nine [#1] - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East Homebrew Forum > Central Veeyay Brewdown Ought-Nine [#1]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 12:03 AM   #31
zac
Thread Killer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
zac's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
Marion. Va
Posts: 3,757
Liked 153 Times on 150 Posts


I'd LOVE to come to this, but I am down here in Sunny Louisiana helpeing these folks out. I would be game if I wasn't 1500 miles away.

Shucks.

I'd even pony up a few ediible homegrown steaks to secure an invitation. If I could have come, would ya'll have preferred ribeyes, sirlois or t-bones?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #32
Evan!
 
Evan!'s Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 11,863
Liked 88 Times on 73 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin' Lion View Post
What about edibles? Dude's pulled pork sammiches were good, but I was thinking a crockpot full of Swedish Meatballs would be well-matched to this endeavor. One need only stab a meatball when the mood strikes, or they could be placed on a bun if one so desired.

What say the invitees?
I'm so into that...
__________________
MOSS HOLLOW BREWING CO.
Aristocratic Ales, Lascivious Lagers


.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #33
Flyin' Lion
 
Flyin' Lion's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Chester, VA
Posts: 1,949
Liked 18 Times on 8 Posts


Cool, I'm going to search Racheal Ray's website for ideas...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
John Madden has officially been put on suicide watch with the annoucement of Favre's retirement.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:03 AM   #34
JoeMama
 
JoeMama's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Posts: 1,202
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Let me see how the daughter feels after they get back from the doc in the box tonight. She has been going up, down, back, and forth with this damned strep throat thing and I dont want to bring her down if she will contaminate all of us.

The war dept will be out of town this weekend so I may have the go ahead for this one!
Not to mention, I went by the LHBS and picked up a couple of brews that need to get a goin!
-Me
__________________
Ergo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I am.

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:12 AM   #35
Flyin' Lion
 
Flyin' Lion's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Chester, VA
Posts: 1,949
Liked 18 Times on 8 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
Let me see how the daughter feels after they get back from the doc in the box tonight. She has been going up, down, back, and forth with this damned strep throat thing and I dont want to bring her down if she will contaminate all of us.

The war dept will be out of town this weekend so I may have the go ahead for this one!
Not to mention, I went by the LHBS and picked up a couple of brews that need to get a goin!
-Me
Just for the record, SWMBO is going through chemo and has a weakened immune system. It may be a non-issue if we all stay in the garage, and it looks like the weather might cooperate in that regard. I'd just like to keep known health issues to a minimum, if I can.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
John Madden has officially been put on suicide watch with the annoucement of Favre's retirement.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:24 AM   #36
JoeMama
 
JoeMama's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Posts: 1,202
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Well, even better - If I can get her to spend a weekend with grammy, I might be golden!
Ill let yall know!
-Me
__________________
Ergo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I am.

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:24 AM   #37
Evan!
 
Evan!'s Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 11,863
Liked 88 Times on 73 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin' Lion View Post
Just for the record, SWMBO is going through chemo and has a weakened immune system. It may be a non-issue if we all stay in the garage, and it looks like the weather might cooperate in that regard. I'd just like to keep known health issues to a minimum, if I can.
as long as you don't mind me drainin' the main vain in your bushes...
__________________
MOSS HOLLOW BREWING CO.
Aristocratic Ales, Lascivious Lagers


.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #38
Flyin' Lion
 
Flyin' Lion's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Chester, VA
Posts: 1,949
Liked 18 Times on 8 Posts


It wasn't a big deal last time because noone was visibly sick. I'm just puttin' it out there as a reminder of her condition. Of course you all are welcome to use the facilities, she'll just have to limit her exposure.

One more treatment and she's done with chemo. Then there's MRI's, PT scans, CT scans, surgeries to remove her port...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
John Madden has officially been put on suicide watch with the annoucement of Favre's retirement.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:33 AM   #39
Evan!
 
Evan!'s Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 11,863
Liked 88 Times on 73 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin' Lion View Post
It wasn't a big deal last time because noone was visibly sick. I'm just puttin' it out there as a reminder of her condition. Of course you all are welcome to use the facilities, she'll just have to limit her exposure.

One more treatment and she's done with chemo. Then there's MRI's, PT scans, CT scans, surgeries to remove her port...
whew, that sucks. but at least she's done soon!!!!
__________________
MOSS HOLLOW BREWING CO.
Aristocratic Ales, Lascivious Lagers


.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:46 AM   #40
Flyin' Lion
 
Flyin' Lion's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Chester, VA
Posts: 1,949
Liked 18 Times on 8 Posts


Yeah, her last treatment is Feb. 13th (that's a Friday this year).

Triskaidekaphobia anyone?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
John Madden has officially been put on suicide watch with the annoucement of Favre's retirement.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Central Veeyay Brewdown Ought-Nine [#2] Flyin' Lion South East Homebrew Forum 1 06-03-2009 06:06 PM
Central Veeyay Brewdown Ought-Eight Evan! South East Homebrew Forum 89 01-30-2009 03:42 PM
2 Days Till Brewdown: a few lingering questions... Evan! General Techniques 12 08-10-2007 02:56 PM
Little Central PA help... skeeordye11 Recipes/Ingredients 2 07-09-2007 04:43 PM


Forum Jump