Co2 In the fridge? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Co2 In the fridge?

Old 06-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #11
knewshound
Recipes 

Apr 2006
Sacramento, CA

FWIW

Keeping the CO2 Canister outside may have a small benefit by having it warmer.

My kegs and fridge are in an outdoor room at the house and it gets pretty warm. I notice that as the temps rise, so does the pressure in the tank which is kept outside the fridge.

It would seem logical that having a lower temp for storage would by default lower the potential pressure available.

The N20 I run in my car benefits greatly by having the bottle warm for instance.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

knewshound

In Beer there is Strength.

In Water there is Bacteria.

The knewshounds Blog

Homebrewing 1A

Homebrewing 101

Old 06-09-2006, 12:23 AM   #12
bikebryan
Recipes 

Mar 2005
Alexandria, VA
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewshound
FWIW

Keeping the CO2 Canister outside may have a small benefit by having it warmer.

My kegs and fridge are in an outdoor room at the house and it gets pretty warm. I notice that as the temps rise, so does the pressure in the tank which is kept outside the fridge.

It would seem logical that having a lower temp for storage would by default lower the potential pressure available.

The N20 I run in my car benefits greatly by having the bottle warm for instance.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

knewshound
The amount of CO2 has nothing to do with what temperature it is at. It doesn't matter if it's at 38 degrees or 75 degrees. 5 pounds of CO2 is 5 pounds of CO2.