American Pale Ale Da Yooper's House Pale Ale - Page 45 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > American Pale Ale Da Yooper's House Pale Ale

Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #441
RUNningonbrew
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Liked 35 Times on 20 Posts

So I just bought the ingredients, I e got London ale and English ale yeast both white labs, I know neither is preferable but it is what I have. What would you recommend? I like my beers more dry than sweet.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #442
olz431
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

I just took a hydro sample and dry hopped, smells and tastes amazing, threw in an oz of centennial pellets. 1.009 tg
I was thinking about thieving another pint but i did that with my last batch and ended up way short of 2 cases LOL

Primary 3: Full Nelson Pale Ale
Secondary 1/ Primary 4: Rochefort 9
Primary 5:
Bottled: Zombie Dust, Yoopers House Ale, DFH 90 clone, Two Hearted Ale, Dead Guy, Dundalk Irish Heavy

Old 02-09-2013, 02:04 AM   #443
atimmerman88
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Quad Cities
Liked 389 Times on 254 Posts

I searched the thread and didn't see any mention of using Pacman yeast???

Yooper, I think your a fan of Pacman, you use it in your 60min clone I think...

I jus got a small culture going from some dead guy and was thinking of making your recipe with some Pacman

Untapped

Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 AM   #444
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7601 Times on 5351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atimmerman88 View Post

I jus got a small culture going from some dead guy and was thinking of making your recipe with some Pacman
That might overattenuate, and I think my yeast of choice now might be Denny's Favorite 50 (Wyeast 1450) because it gives a fuller, richer mouthfeel.

A drier finish might be great, but I like a more "full" mouthfeel in this beer lately.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #445
Vigo_Carpathian
Recipes 

Dec 2012
San Mateo, California
Liked 147 Times on 94 Posts

Followed the recipe except for I used Nottingham yeast. On day 2 I woke up to my blow off tube laying on the ground and krausen everywhere. Hydro sample tastes great. Can't wait to put this one on tap.

Gold_Robber Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #446
olz431
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Milwaukee, WI

bottling this right now and the aroma is just plain awesome. Im going to have to get another batch going this weekend.
Primary 5:
Bottled: Zombie Dust, Yoopers House Ale, DFH 90 clone, Two Hearted Ale, Dead Guy, Dundalk Irish Heavy

Old 02-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #447
olz431
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Milwaukee, WI

I have had two and it is nowhere near ready to drink, but this tastes just like Milwaukee Brewing Company's Pull Chain Ale. I just had a couple the other night and had to make sure that I didnt grab one from the fridge by mistake. And here is your Pull Chain Ale clone recipe lol.
Primary 5:

Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 AM   #448
steber
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Kingston, Pennsylvania
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atimmerman88 View Post

I too am a fan of Pacman yeast. I'm sipping on a spin off of this clone. The hops were changed but the grain bill was the same. Needless to say, I brewed it with pacman yeast and I'm loving it. My hop schedule was drastically changed though to use up the hops I had. Can't get enough of it! I don't see this keg sitting around too long!

Old 02-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #449
atimmerman88
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Quad Cities
Liked 389 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steber View Post
I too am a fan of Pacman yeast. I'm sipping on a spin off of this clone. The hops were changed but the grain bill was the same. Needless to say, I brewed it with pacman yeast and I'm loving it. My hop schedule was drastically changed though to use up the hops I had. Can't get enough of it! I don't see this keg sitting around too long!
Well maybe I'll give it a shot here this spring. Made the BYO Sierra Nevada clone last weekend.

Untapped

Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #450
allaway
Recipes 

Dec 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have followed the recipe thus far, except I added a bit of torrified wheat to the mash. I am now ready to dryhop. Any suggestions for what to use? I don't think I have cascade in the freezer (I could get it easily), but I do have:

simcoe
citra
centennial
chinook
amarillo

I kind of think that these all will overpower the cascade that is already in there, but maybe not. Anyone have any advice as to what they think would blend well but not overpower the cascade? I haven't added any cascade since flameout.