Worst or Best Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good or Bad?

• Too much beer a problem?! Never.

• This is terrible!

Results are only viewable after voting.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
Oh no, I'm out of bottles! I have two beers that still need to be bottled, and only enough bottles for one of them. So, is this a good problem to have or a catastrophe?
Edit: plus this means I can't brew for a while, and that is sad.

Bernie Brewer said:
Gives you an excuse to start kegging.

So that then you'll never have enough kegs.

Even so, I always plan about half a six pack extra so I don't have to fuss with every last drop above the yeast cake. But then, I keg straight from primary.

This is why I collect every bottle that I come across. And I found a place that sells a case of bottles for $10!!!!:)

And I thought the bottle companies made more than one case of bottles just as a crazy scheme to make money !

I too collect every bottle I see. I went through SWMBO's grandmothers recycling last week. Everyone looked at me like I was a wacked out rat who hadn't eatten in weeks. I even mentioned to SWMBO about going to the town dump where they have an entire trailer full of bottles. Does anyone see anything wrong with that?

If all else fails the LHBS has 12oz 24 packs for $7.75.

I would just buy more bottles, or a keg. You could always share with the rest of us!!

I do collect all the bottles I see. People at work bring me bottles. But I won't be empty bottles. Full ones then drink em down. I do plan on kegging once the gov send us our stimulous checks. Then there's a party at my place!

I collect bottles from the local beer and shot bar.
Usually 5 cases a day...more on the weekend. I have about 30 empty cases ready to go, I'll get more today. They don't care if I take them, and if I don't they send them to the recycle bin. I am glad I got a bench capper so I could cap Twist off bottles.

I used to need bottles, but after a while I found that I have more than than I have room for. The entire basement wall is covered - so I have a similar problem -too many bottles and not enough beer. Need to get my AG together quick and start brewing more. Then, I can bump this thead and sympathize.

My suggestion - buy a bunch of beer and have a party. By morning you should have plenty.:D

NWernBrewer said:
I used to need bottles, but after a while I found that I have more than than I have room for. The entire basement wall is covered - so I have a similar problem -too many bottles and not enough beer. Need to get my AG together quick and start brewing more. Then, I can bump this thead and sympathize.

My suggestion - buy a bunch of beer and have a party. By morning you should have plenty.:D

Or just do a BYOB with people who you know are gonna bring good beer.:D

Latest posts

Back