Hop Heaven.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeepsn beer

Reaction score
Ok, maybe this is general chit chat, or just bragging but I just went out and checked my hops I planted last year and they're already over a foot tall. Ther is a million shoots coming up also. The first year they only shot up a few shoots, but they're all over the place now. It sure is nice to live in the Willamette valley when it comes to hop growing.:ban:

Congrats! That sounds like an awesome sight to behold. As I understand it, some folks trim back some of the shoots in order to make room for thick, healthy bines. Is that your plan, or are you just gonna let 'em go hog wild?

I'm in Harrisburg, just North of Eugene. I am not sure how to handle all the vines. Is it best to cut back some? I was thinking of adding an extra twine or two to each plant and just letting all the vines grow, but I am new to hop growing,so I am not sure.

Back