Went eBrewery. Looking at next steps.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick1903

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm currently running eBIAB in an eKeggle. Wondering what folks are doing to brew indoors (basement) for venting.

I'm also considering moving away from eBIAB. I've got one pump and would like to avoid gravity fed as I've had trouble feeding the pump when I've tried it. (Chugger SS head)

Thoughts?

I use a hood I built with 1x2s and foil backed insulation and 6" duct to a 400 cfm 6" in-line fan then to a 6" to 4" reducer, which is then connected to semi-rigid vent pipe that shares a exhaust point with the dryer.

I have a 20 GAL boil kettle and two 10GAL rubbermaid coolers that I use for a HLT and MLT with a single pump. I batch sparge. I get moisture and some condensation in the hood during the boil, but it's easy enough to wipe out with a paper towel. Other than that, it's pretty awesome to make the yard smell like a brewery instead of the house.

It's not the cheapest way to make beer, but I can make beer in any weather or temperature. It's pretty fool-proof and clean-up is easy enough. I just forget sometimes to keep valves closed when disconnecting hoses.

Latest posts

Back