New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porter

GroaningBoardPorter.jpg

The saison I brewed last month with Nelson Sauvin and Sorachi Ace hops. Fermented at 68 for 2 days then 85 ramped over 2 days for the rest of 3 weeks. WLP565. Flavors consist of lemon, pear, apple, orange, grape, pineapple, pepper, clove, and earthiness from the yeast esters. I am really satisfied with this one. All of my brews have gotten to extremely high quality since I started doing water chem.

H4IcuIN.jpg

The saison I brewed last month with Nelson Sauvin and Sorachi Ace hops. Fermented at 68 for 2 days then 85 ramped over 2 days for the rest of 3 weeks. WLP565. Flavors consist of lemon, pear, apple, orange, grape, pineapple, pepper, clove, and earthiness from the yeast esters. I am really satisfied with this one. All of my brews have gotten to extremely high quality since I started doing water chem.

H4IcuIN.jpg

That looks tasty... got a recipe?

Citra IPA... Started off smelling like cat pee... After a couple weeks in the fridge though, it's grapefruit start to finish! Yum! And I hate actual grapefruit!

ForumRunner_20130301_183238.jpg

Pay no attention to the cat behind the beer. His name is Levon.... And he hates you.

looks tasty but it's not a Hefeweizen... that's a Kristallweizen. Kristallweizen is clear and Hefeweizen is cloudy.

That's good to know. I just made a recipe downloaded from BeerSmith, (probably did some substitution, may have added Irish Moss) and was happy with the results. I was actually shooting for clear not knowing any better.

Apparently the head needs a lot of work as well - http://www.germanbeerinstitute.com/Kristallweizen.html

Thanks for the clarity - so to speak.

It is! Not a fan of the purple haze, but I like about everything else Abita does.

Tripel. Been in the bottle for about 4 or 5 months.
8530618206_4a661efc75_b.jpg

Young American Barleywine. Only a month in the bottle.
8530617980_38ec6d87b2_b.jpg

RIS. My first brew. The relatively few that I have left have been in the bottle for nearly 8 months.
8530617696_08d03187c5_b.jpg

It is! Not a fan of the purple haze, but I like about everything else Abita does.

I like Purple Haze. Sadly, I currently live near Chicago. I found a bar that had some Abita beer on tap, I got the Amber, but it was super flat. It was dissapointing. I am, however, headed to LA in <48 hrs and plan on stopping in Covington for some Abita goodness.

4 Sierra Nevada Pale Ale bottles that I 'dry hopped', re-capped, and then drank a couple days later. I thought it was a cool shot.

DSC_7476.jpg

HUGE milestone for me... Cracked my first ever homebrew while brewing my 2nd batch today. A nice APA. 4 weeks in primary and 10 days in bottles so far. I just had to 'sacrifice' one so I put it in the fridge last night! The rest of the bottles are going to condition for another week or two but this was still really good. Nice body, balanced, a touch under carbed as expected but still pretty good. Has a little green apple hint that I hope will condition out.

imagezwrm.jpg

My Hopped & Confused pseudo lager,two weeks fridge time;
http://
This after some 5 weeks at room temp. Fine carb bubbles,but head went down a bit till camera worked.

Back