Any Suggestions? CO2 Regulator PSI Gauge go straight to 20 PSI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindWillieBrewer

Reaction score
Ok as the title says my PSI gauge goes straight to 20ish when I turn the CO2 tank knob to open. With that in mind the adjustment screw is all the way out. My tank and regulator have been knocked over and the gauge bent. I purchased new ones thinking that they were knocked out of calibration. But with the new gauges on it still goes to 20ish. Any suggestions? I'm trying to not purchase a new one if it is able to be fixed. Thanks

does it act like there is 20 psi of pressure on the outlet?

if there is, you can take it apart and clean it....not too hard, just don't lose the pieces :)

Take the regulator apart? I've already taken and replaced the gauges. As far as cleaning just what do you mean? Looks as if the only thing that could be cleaned is the female treaded parts and outside.

if you have a picture of, or link to, the regulator you have, i can tell you more specifically...

but there are two main sections to the body of most regulators. normally a round-ish brass block with some ports drilled in it for the hose barbs and connections, and then another section that screws onto the face of that brass block which has the adjustment knob or screw on it. you can unscrew these two sections, usually with a big wrench, and inside is a spring and a rubber diaphragm and a few other small parts.

The entire front part, called the bonnet, can be unscrewed from the main body. Once unscrewed you will find a shallow stamped dish shaped steel plate right under the screw & on top of a spring. You will find that plate is knocked off center, holding the spring down. Re-center the plate and screw the bonnet back on.

Tom

Back