The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diaper pails - shoot we still have the original 'mommy & daddy" big size and "kiddies" small size chamber pots back from when our house was originally a homestead in the late 1800s

I laugh every time we have company who doesn't recognize what these are, and comments on what pretty and unusual cooking pots we have on display

Mommy, daddy and kiddie pots, that pretty fancy. I have a chamber pot with a lid that was at grandpa’s house not sure if he found it or if it actually was the property of a family member, but with the pink flowers painted on the outside I guess it was a woman’s pot. I keep it in the bedroom, and no one has asked why I have a kitchen item in the bedroom, lol. Though I wouldn’t put it past some idiot to ask if that’s what a ferment sauerkraut in.

chamber pots? yeah got to admit Feb is pretty slow, but still...

Don't forget to get outdoors every day! (or evening)

My My & heavens to Betsy, ...not where I was going with that.

What is up with people these days? every friggen thing some kind of double ontandra or whatever. Maybe its what day it is, just now trying to figure how to prepare the vegetables tonight and I get a dirty joke from the misses.

Last edited:
@Dland glad you edited your answer, and we all know what going to the woodshed implies, hence my remark. (and attempt to keep some boundaries with friendly yet not too friendly banter) Happy Valentine’s day to you and your misses. Cheers

Does anyone still use Borax as a detergent? I remember my mom using it as a kid. The only other thing I know its used for is as a flux for welding. And, of course, to step on the_birds coke.

We use it for a bait cure here... and to cut our pure Colombian blow of course.

And now, for something completely different...

I had an otherworldly experience with the MA RMV this afternoon: I actually got a RealID license in under 15 minutes from walking in the door at the new Registry in Leominster. I dunno if folks were still digging out or what or if I was just due. I was prepared to be there for hours having read of some real horror shows when they rolled out the RealID program so I was fairly stunned.

I may have to pull a pint...

I did use the RMV site to check the wait times - a good thing, because I was all set to head to the old location next to "Fitchburg International".
The new place is impressive and pleasant enough for a short wait. Staff were actually helpful as well. Crazy! :D

When I had to go to the old RMV in Brockton, I think it was to add HAZMAT to my CDL, it was an all day affair.

After 4 hours to get seen "You have to go to Boston or Springfield for that"

I recently went in to renew my medical cert for CDL, and they asked me if I wanted to renew my license, as it is coming up soon.

I have everything I need for "real id" lic, except for one of the accepted docs w SS #.

I have been self employed so long I have no W-2s in my name, all my 1099s and such are under my business ID#, lost may wallet with social sec card in the Atlantic about 40 years ago. Could get a new one, but only if I register in the wonderful new "secure" site. haha

I am considering just using passport card if I need "real id" & get regular driver's license.

Sensing boredom in the ranks, I offer this as a stimulant.
Discuss...

FB_IMG_1550815048396.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty much accurate. One comment though about the "republican refugee zone" in NH. Masshole republicans move from MA to NH and both states end up more liberal in the process...

Hi all. So do you want the good news first or the bad news?

Good news... I almost croaked.

Bad news... I didn’t.

I just got home from a truly suboptimal vacation. Went to Cozumel for ten days of diving, got pretty severely bent on the third day and spent the next five days in the hospital. Spent almost 30 hours in the decompression chamber over those days. Severe neurological deficit (couldn’t walk, could barely sit upright.). Acute renal failure because of the nonexistent blood pressure (didn’t pee for three days). Pretty intense global pain

All better after the chamber trips. Sorry. You had your chance to be rid of me and missed.

Paul, don’t do that! At least you weren’t stabbed in the heart by a docile stingray or something stupid like that. Mrs. PTN might just want to take your tanks away and hand you a snorkel. Glad you’re okay, buddy.

Sounds like someone needs to re-take their Diving Safety Course...

Nope. Didn’t do anything wrong. Well within safe profiles. It turns out I have a patent foramen ovale. That is an opening in a fetal heart that allows blood to pass from the right side (un-oxygenated) to the left side (oxygenated). It usually closes at birth. I turn 60 on Saturday and never knew I had this. Plus I’d been on a high protein:low carb diet in the weeks leading up to the trip. Lost a bunch of weight but wasn’t drinking enough water down there and was pretty dehydrated. And the dive shop didn’t have enriched oxygen tanks for us to use. I could /should have waited till they had the nitrox but decided to go anyways. Perfect storm of little things all coming together. (Ok so the hole in my heart isn’t really a little thing but...)

Nope. Didn’t do anything wrong. Well within safe profiles. It turns out I have a patent foramen ovale. That is an opening in a fetal heart that allows blood to pass from the right side (un-oxygenated) to the left side (oxygenated). It usually closes at birth. I turn 60 on Saturday and never knew I had this. Plus I’d been on a high protein:low carb diet in the weeks leading up to the trip. Lost a bunch of weight but wasn’t drinking enough water down there and was pretty dehydrated. And the dive shop didn’t have enriched oxygen tanks for us to use. I could /should have waited till they had the nitrox but decided to go anyways. Perfect storm of little things all coming together. (Ok so the hole in my heart isn’t really a little thing but...)

Get that PFO closed...

While it's a fairly common condition and often doesn't cause any problems, it's been shown to correlate highly with cryptogenic strokes....

Glad you lived , ptn.

I was wondering if there was a cardio test or something that could have raised a caution for would be adventurers attempting similar activities.

Back