Cracking open your first homebrew....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfov

Reaction score
had the urge to break into them after only a week in the bottle. first one was a slight gusher, uh oh. cracked another one to to see how that was, hoping the suger wasn't mixed good. it gushed all over, lost half of it. oh crap i thought. moved them to the garage to avoid a mess all over the closet. let them chill and tried another. foamed up some, but not gushing. i guess they'll need to be kept cold and drank fast. it tastes pretty good !!

the final gravity was slightly higher then it should have been, and i didn't think too much of it and bottled. STUPID MOVE!!! at least i'll know better for the next batch.

i didn't take the SG right. newbie fumbling, no theif/baster, and didn't want to risk dipping my whole hand in the wort. the final was around 1.016/1.017, instructions said 1.012-1.014.

wait, wait and wait some more....it will be worth it in the end. of course i cannot wait:D . what kind of beer did you create?

moving them to the garage and chilling in the freezer for a short time before drinking seems to do the trick!

it's a Nut Brown Ale.

I bottled my Red on Saturday and will be cracking one open tonight. I last for 4 days max and all my beers were fully carbed at 4 days. This particular beer sat in secondary for a month so I am hoping the flavor will be there as well as the carb.

Dan

i have a nut brown ale in the bottles for 2 wks now. primary ferm for 10 days. the first week in the bottles it was a little young. but now it is getting better. how is yours?:mug:

mine is aproaching 2 weeks in bottle, 10 in bucket. opened a 22 today and it's damn good!! a nice amount of carb, PERFECT head, and really enjoyable taste! the first week was deffinetly a little green tasting. now it's worthy of sharing!

they're getting a semi lager treatment i guess, it's something like 11 degrees outside, but they're at a perfect temp to grab and pour after work!

:mug:

Back