juice extractor machines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabledawg

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these machines to make apple juice and the ferment it. I am pretty sure that removing the seeds from the apple would be a good idea, due to the flavors they would impart. I just wanted to see if anyone has tried this. I have one just sitting in a box brand new.

Juice one apple. Measure volume. Report back to us on what your plan is then.

I do not remove seeds... I reccomend juicing 4 apples with one whole lemon. Very refreshing. I never had the patience to juice enough to ferment. I get that from a press north of here... but it runs 5 to 6 dollars a gallon. For organic, unpasturized. Not too bad.

I am pretty sure the volume would be low. I have access to a few apple trees and a press during this time of the year is out of the question.

I just used a juicer to make my first batches as I've no access to a press. It works but the finished pulp is not fully dry.

I took the stalks off and juiced the entire fruit.

I've a book on order which gived the plan for a press, which I'm going to make for next time.

Latest posts

Back