A wasted brew night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waynep005

Reaction score
Was starting to brew a Marzen tonight. After the mash I was heating up the wort to start the boil when my propane tank ran out of gas. I went to grab the back up tank of propane only to find it was empty also. What a waste of a night. It could have been worse I cold have been halfway through the boil.

Just go swap out the tank at a grocery store or gas station. Plenty of them do it. There was a thread similar to this the other day and I think people were finding places to exchange propane on google based on his location and sending the addresses in replies. I've read that one person exchanged a tank at 2 am to keep his brew day going. Well, on the brighter side, I'm sure you won't let that happen again. Sorry that happened.

What mike said. Blue Rhino echanges are just about everywhere. Got a 7-11 near you? You have a 24 hour source of propane right there. At least they do in Michigan.

The propane exchange at the local Home Depot is unmanned. You put a credit card in and a door opens for you to take the full tank and return your empty.

Every single time I use the home depot one it screws up and gives me an empty tank and then a full one. If I was dishonest I could have a huge stash of empty tanks by now!

Every single time I use the home depot one it screws up and gives me an empty tank and then a full one. If I was dishonest I could have a huge stash of empty tanks by now!
The one time I tried using that system (at Menards), it gave me an empty tank. By the time I gave up trying to get a full tank out, it had charged me for buying a new full tank ($50+ instead of the $19 exchange). Ended up going into the store to get my refund, and haven't touched the self-serve machines since.

Back