Show me pics of your dedicated brewing rooms!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kal

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Please post pictures of your finished dedicated brewing rooms!

There's lots of brew room build threads here but unless I've missed it, I haven't seen a 'showoff' type thread where everyone with a dedicated brewing room just posts their final pics.

I'm looking for design/finishing/layout ideas for the room itself as I've moved and now have a lot more space to work with. My equipment will stay the same (electric of course! ;)).

Thanks!

Kal

Here's mine. I brewed one batch on the kitchen stove and then started designing this (about 16 months ago) and finished it back in May. I guess I go all in or nothing :D

It's great to brew in in the winter, but gets very hot in there in the summer months (100+). May have to go electric in the spring.

2011-11-08 09.12.13.jpg

2011-11-08 09.12.47.jpg

2011-11-08 09.12.25.jpg

2011-01-13 09.27.46.jpg

2011-01-13 09.28.13.jpg

My all-electric basement brewery:

Entry way, kegerators (4 taps) and storage
entry.jpg

Work area, mill, sink
workarea.jpg

Brewing rig, electric control panel
rig2.jpg

Brewing rig, electric control panel
rig1.jpg

Fermentation area
fermentation.jpg

Motorized mill
mill.jpg

Vapor hood with fan
hood.jpg

Mill wall, kegs, storage
millwall.jpg

Here's mine:

1e6cabf5.jpg

1d3e03b4.jpg

On the back of my detached garage, in-floor heat, sky lights, and a three compartment sink. Propane now converted to electric, fermenting in sankes... took about 13 years to get to this point- been brewing since 1994.

Man I need to get to work on my brew shed..... hauling everything from the storage lot down the road on brew day is getting old. Those of you who have posted ROCK:rockin:

Tisk, tisk, you guys are a bunch of rookies ... I didn't see a single urinal in any of those pictures ... and less than half of you have a tv ... WTF!

J/K ... Looking great ...

Tisk, tisk, you guys are a bunch of rookies ... I didn't see a single urinal in any of those pictures ... and less than half of you have a tv ... WTF!

;)

While I won't be putting a TV in the brewing room, I will have a home theater in the basement and the plans for the adjacent basement bathroom is to have a urinal too. We'll see!

Thanks for the pics guys - keep them coming!

Kal

Nice job to everyone that has posted their pics so far! :mug: I will hopefully be able to post mine some time this winter. Keep 'em comin', because I need as many ideas as possible. Cheers!

yeah this is great.. i'm looking forward to when i can afford to turn mine into electric to get into the basement, then i'll have a blank canvas on what to do, already some great ideas on what to follow

Perfect thread. I have very limited space in my new temporary house (all equipment is stored outside in a shed, limited room for fermenters). I brew in the kitchen and outside, back and forth. My stepdad and I have been shooting around the idea of setting up shop in his huge basement/cellar. The more I think about it the more I want to. It is also 191 years old, so it looks like the complete opposite of most of these rooms all nice and shiny, hah. I bottle very few beers, and those that I do are high ABV (above 10), so I'm not too concerned. I'll post back if/when we get it setup. I still need to build a stand (single tier), buy a pump and hoses, and burners to mount. I guess gas lines too. I'm going for the simplest single tier system I can. 2 kegs, cooler in middle, 1 pump, single infusion, batch sparge (although I'd like to be able to fly sparge certain beers, it hasn't been an issue yet).

GMj1980, Did you think we wouldn't spot that Coors neon sign on the floor? If you have your own little brewing cottage, you're going to have to show more photos.

J/K ... Looking great ...

When you live in the sticks you dont need a urinal; you just water the nearest bush. And you really don't want a pic of my brewspace; it doubles as a garage, and is really not that interesting.

My brewspace is pretty much the garage, computer room, kitchen, basement closet, and when it's dry enough, the basement...

Nothing so fancy as what you guys have set up.

When I go electric, maybe I should move it all up to the garage attic.

Here is my 16x24 "brewshop". I saved the garage from the old house we bought and tore down next door. I've got heat, decent sound, tv, ferm chamber, kegger and 100A of power. It's rustic but this IS the UP.

Starting with the brewery turning clockwise:

ForumRunner_20111119_130614.jpg

ForumRunner_20111119_130649.jpg

ForumRunner_20111119_130722.jpg

ForumRunner_20111119_130750.jpg

Here is my 16x24 "brewshop". I saved the garage from the old house we bought and tore down next door. I've got heat, decent sound, tv, ferm chamber, kegger and 100A of power. It's rustic but this IS the UP.

Starting with the brewery turning clockwise:

Very nice! (Except for the yellow and green motif...) ;)

Back