Build secondary regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marms

Reaction score
So i searched and found that some guys on HBT got cheap secondary regulators from american science and surplus, but it looks like that they don't carry them anymore. Does anyone know of any cheap secondary regs to build a four regulator mount?

thanks

You are wanting to set up a series of secondary regulators that are being fed from your primary tank regulator.
With that said, you can get these 1/4" AIR REGULATOR NORGREN from the Surplus Center for $8 each. I believe they will do very well for your setup.

They also have a large variety of pressure gauges that might help you:search=pressure gauge

Hope this helps.

P-J

will that work with CO2? I called the tech center at the Surplus Center and the guy there wasnt sure whether or not it was.

those should work, material compatability-wise, with CO2.

just remember stuff thats meant to work with pressurized or shop air normally doesnt have the 100% seal that we want. its OK for shop tools to have very small leaks, but your CO2 tank would soon be empty if you used some of these types of fittings.

i recently bought a digital pressure gauge/regulator at harbor freight on sale. turns out the compression fittings it has doesnt make a 100% positive seal so they are unusable...

those should work, material compatability-wise, with CO2.

just remember stuff thats meant to work with pressurized or shop air normally doesnt have the 100% seal that we want. its OK for shop tools to have very small leaks, but your CO2 tank would soon be empty if you used some of these types of fittings.

i recently bought a digital pressure gauge/regulator at harbor freight on sale. turns out the compression fittings it has doesnt make a 100% positive seal so they are unusable...
Basic problem... Compression fittings are 'one time' fittings. Once tightened and then changed, all bets are off. You are far better off using flare fittings in all gas/air supply lines.

Back