Finished brewing a Belgian Witbier 11/1/09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabledawg

Reaction score
I just finished brewing a belgian witibier exctract kit last night and every thing went ok until I took the S.G. Instruction said suggested S.G. was 1.041. I ended up with 1.052. So I mixed the heck out of it and checked again still 1.052. Oh well I will try better next time. Here it is fermenting away in a water bath.

I ended up with just under five gallons, maybe 4.95 gallons. I am pretty sure that small amount of water wouldn't matter. I used a wine degaussing wand to mix and aerate the wort so I know it is mixed.

This is the most controlled fermentation I have ever had. The water bath on day on kept the temp around 66 withe frozen bottles. I noticed there was a temperature difference between the top of the tub and the bottom. So I plugged in a little water feature pump to recirculate the water and now everything is at a nice 64deg.

Back