Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I wasn't trying to be so negative, but IMO it seems like a very hard list for most to accommodate. This thread has great potential but if each guy posts a list like that I just don't see it getting very far. I would hate to see that happen. Please people PROVE ME WRONG!! Lol Good Luck everyone

Definitely whale hunting!!
Better bring the harpoon!
That list is doable, BUT really each bottle Javier listed are about 15 to 70 dollar's..
I like you guys but not that much...
I have some of the bottles but I don't want to break up my vertical year's, wish I could help..
Igotsand

I wouldn't call most of those on the list, whales. Maybe a little difficult to get, or to let go of, but I guess that's just up to whoever has the beers. What I let go was difficult to do, but I did it to fulfill someones wish. I guess I'm more of a giver, and am more than happy to hook someone up. So here's what I'm going to do, with the permission (if granted) of keywestbrewing,...... I will pick a number from 1-50 or something, and whoever gets it can have my turn. The box I sent could just be a gift from me. Like a buddy told me, in the end, it's just beer.

I wouldn't call most of those on the list, whales. Maybe a little difficult to get, or to let go of, but I guess that's just up to whoever has the beers. What I let go was difficult to do, but I did it to fulfill someones wish. I guess I'm more of a giver, and am more than happy to hook someone up. So here's what I'm going to do, with the permission (if granted) of keywestbrewing,...... I will pick a number from 1-50 or something, and whoever gets it can have my turn. The box I sent could just be a gift from me. Like a buddy told me, in the end, it's just beer.

If I could get any of these beers I would gladly go buy some. In the end its just money right, can't take it with you. Sadly NM sucks for getting many of the real famous ones. If you do give up your turn pm me ur info and I will gladly send you a consolation prize :rockin: for being such a good sport. I'd give it till the end of the day though. Maybe there's a genie out there.

Not gloating bit it can definitely be filled. I could hit 5 or so. So not unreachable. Wait a few days then update. No need to give up.

If I could get any of these beers I would gladly go buy some. In the end its just money right, can't take it with you. Sadly NM sucks for getting many of the real famous ones. If you do give up your turn pm me ur info and I will gladly send you a consolation prize :rockin: for being such a good sport. I'd give it till the end of the day though. Maybe there's a genie out there.

I appreciate that man, but no worries on sending me a package. Just want others to get a turn. Just waiting for keywestbrewing to let me know if my idea is ok, so I can send him (or her) a number for you all to guess.

Javier25 said:
I appreciate that man, but no worries on sending me a package. Just want others to get a turn. Just waiting for keywestbrewing to let me know if my idea is ok, so I can send him (or her) a number for you all to guess.

Instead of giving up your turn why not just make another list or add to your existing with some other beer that you've been curious to try or have never tried that might seem easier for guys to get their hands on. I'm sure there are other beers you'd be curious to try that might not seem so far fetched. Just my 2 cents! Either way good luck

Not gloating bit it can definitely be filled. I could hit 5 or so. So not unreachable. Wait a few days then update. No need to give up.

Instead of giving up your turn why not just make another list or add to your existing with some other beer that you've been curious to try or have never tried that might seem easier for guys to get their hands on. I'm sure there are other beers you'd be curious to try that might not seem so far fetched. Just my 2 cents! Either way good luck

I agree with this. As long as everyone plays by the rules and keeps honest this thread could go on for years. Sometimes the MAW you fulfill will be better than the MAW you receive. Other times its the other way around and someone hits you with a massive bomb of great beers.

As just previously mentioned.... Keep what you have on the list and add some more stuff to it. Give it time and it will be fulfilled. No reason to give up your turn.

Now thats MAW mentality right there :rockin:

Updated list:

Surly darkness, four, five, smoke, pentagram (any)
Fsw parabola
Founders cbs
Cigar city hunahpu, marshal zhukov, any of their sours (i've never had a sour from ccb)
New glarus serendipity, r&d sour ale, wisconsin belgian red (any)
Russian river (any except pliny)
The bruery mother funker, chocolate rain, black tuesday, grey monday (impossible, i know, but worth a shot)
Three floyds dark lord, or any of the mikkeller colabs. (any)
Thomas hardy's (any year)
Fiftyfifty (any)
Hill Farmstead (any)
Lost Abbey (any)
Upright (any)
Upland (any)
kuhnhenn (any)
Brooklyn black ops
Alesmith (any except ipa and nut brown)
Cisco (just the woods series)
Mikkeller mexas ranger
Struisse (any)
De molen (any)
Cascade (any)
Deschutes the abyss
3 fonteinen (any)
Cantillon (any)

captain lawrence (any)
hair of the dog (any)
lawson's finest (any)
logsdon (any)
pipeworks (any)
alpine (any)

can't think of much else. i would even be happy with a tshirt or something from these breweries. (large) hopefully this helps get this thread rolling. thanks!

Javier25 said:
Updated list:

Surly darkness, four, five, smoke, pentagram
Fsw parabola
Founders cbs
Cigar city hunahpu, marshal zhukov, any of their sours (i've never had a sour from ccb)
New glarus serendipity, r&d sour ale, wisconsin belgian red
Russian river beatification, framboise for the cure
The bruery mother funker, chocolate rain, black tuesday, grey monday (impossible, i know, but worth a shot)
Three floyds dark lord, or any of the mikkeller colabs.
Thomas hardy's (any year)
Fiftyfifty (any)
Hill Farmstead Ann, birth of tragedy, fear and trembling, twilight of the idols
Lost Abbey (any of their sours except for red poppy)
Upright (any of their sours)
Upland (any of their lambics)
kuhnhenn (anything awesome! would love to see what all the fuss is about, especially the meads)
Brooklyn black ops
Alesmith (anything BA) decedance, kopi
Cisco (just the woods series)
Mikkeller mexas ranger
Struisse pannepot
De molen (any)
Cascade (any)
Deschutes the abyss
3 fonteinen (any)
Cantillon (any)

I tried to grant your wish but nothing is sold in my area sorry

Javier25 said:
captain lawrence (any)
hair of the dog (any)
lawson's finest (any)
logsdon (any)
pipeworks (any)
alpine (any)

can't think of much else. i would even be happy with a tshirt or something from these breweries. (large) hopefully this helps get this thread rolling. thanks!

Pretty sure I can do this one now, but tied up at work for a little while still. If anyone can claim it before I get home, they're welcome to it.

Pretty sure i could do the second list that he posted but i can't find out for at least a day or two and to all of those knocking his list..... what's the point of a wish list if there's nothing special on it

I am a huge fan of sours, imp. Stouts, and barlwywines. Lately, breweries have been all about hops and bitterness. I've tried some amazing ipas and iipas, pliny, blind pig, heady, zombie dust, ghandi bot, elevated, and so many good ones, but nothing excites me more than an awesome sour, or a face melting imp. Stout. We all have preferences, mine just happen to be on the high end lol.

Pretty sure i could do the second list that he posted but i can't find out for at least a day or two and to all of those knocking his list..... what's the point of a wish list if there's nothing special on it

I agree I know it's not an easy list and i will agree with people who said that but it will get filled.

Besides it is called Make a wish Not make it easy :rockin:

Besides it is called Make a wish Not make it easy :rockin:[/QUOTE]

And I feel like I made it pretty damn easy after a couple of days! Lol

Alright! Enough already!!! Lol
*******WISH FULFILLED*********
And you already know one of the beers that your getting!! Was gonna save it for my 1,000 beer but I'm thinking you'll enjoy it more then I will since I'm a hop head!!

Send me your info buddy!!

Nice work Ed !! I've only got about 20 mins of "work" left before I go hit the gym but I will be looking for your list soon. I hope you have some stuff from the Northwest on it!!

LoloMT7 said:
Nice work Ed !! I've only got about 20 mins of "work" left before I go hit the gym but I will be looking for your list soon. I hope you have some stuff from the Northwest on it!!

Haha thanks! Waiting on Javier25 to PM me his info! Putting my list together in the meantime! Cheers

Awesome! I didn't like being the center of attention for so long! LoL thanks Ed, your turn! (Finally, right?!) Haha

Ed you are the man. I was hoping I wasn't gonna have yo fulfil the wish list of the person who got mine. But it wasn't going unfilled.

Wouldnt it be a nightmare if it was me who fulfilled your wish! Bahahahahaha (just kidding, I'll give this a rest for a couple of wks. Til I move out to Co.)

Glad to have helped! Here's my list! Hope its not too bad! If so I'm sure the haters will let me know fairly quickly! Lol

Alpine Beer Co. - Exponential Hoppiness
Kern River - Citra
Revolution - Anti-Hero IPA
Pipeworks - Ninja vs Unicorn
Pipeworks - Citrus Ninja IPA
La Cumbre - Elevated IPA
Hopworks - Secession Cascadian Dark Ale
Founders - Double Trouble or Devil Dancer
New Glarus - Black Top (or any NG ipa's)
Knee Deep - Simtra IIIPA
Fat Heads - Oompa Loompa

This thread is awesome! Really hope I get to participate! Living in a Podunk town in western PA will make this a near impossibility though. But maybe! I'm holding out hope!

JohnGonk said:
Good work ed....wish i could partake. Hope someone grants your wish!

Haha thanks John! Too bad it's not going by trade history cause you'd be in!! Just put up another 45 posts!! Lol

Added a few more. Lets see if i get any bites.

Alpine Beer Co. - Exponential Hoppiness, Pure Hoppiness, and/or Nelson IPA.
Kern River - Citra (or any IPA/IIPA)
La Cumbre - Elevated IPA
New England Brew Co - Gandhi-bot
DC Brau - On the Wings of Armageddon
Three Floyd's - Apocalypse Cow
New Glarus - Black Top (or any NG IPA/IIPA)
Knee Deep - Simtra IIIPA
Dark Horse - Crooked Tree IPA or Double IPA
Fat Heads - Oompa Loompa
Hill Farmstead - (any IPA/IIPA. Wishful thinking but it a make a wish thread right?)

BTW feel free to bash me and my wish list if I'm being unreasonable lol, but I granted a hard wish so I'm hoping someone can pull through with some of mine! Thanks!

Cheers
Ed

ed5388 said:
Alright! Enough already!!! Lol
*******WISH FULFILLED*********
And you already know one of the beers that your getting!! Was gonna save it for my 1,000 beer but I'm thinking you'll enjoy it more then I will since I'm a hop head!!

Send me your info buddy!!

I'd just like to say I appreciate it. That's what the MAW is all about. Getting your hands on some beers you want is great, but its making someone else's day that's the true spirit of the MAW. And don't think I've forgotten about you... I will bring destruction to your mailbox and you will feel the wrath of my beer bomb!!!

KeyWestBrewing said:
I'd just like to say I appreciate it. That's what the MAW is all about. Getting your hands on some beers you want is great, but its making someone else's day that's the true spirit of the MAW. And don't think I've forgotten about you... I will bring destruction to your mailbox and you will feel the wrath of my beer bomb!!!

Haha no worries Cole! Was glad to help out! Hopefully my list won't be too much trouble!

Update bump:

Alpine Beer Co. - Exponential Hoppiness, Pure Hoppiness, and/or Nelson IPA.
Kern River - Citra (or any IPA/IIPA)
La Cumbre - Elevated IPA
New England Brew Co - Gandhi-bot
DC Brau - On the Wings of Armageddon
Three Floyd's - Black Sun / Permanent Funeral
New Glarus - Black Top (or any NG IPA/IIPA)
Knee Deep - Simtra IIIPA
Dark Horse - Crooked Tree IPA or Double IPA
Fat Heads - Hop JuJu IIPA and/or Oompa Loompa chocolate cream stout.
Hill Farmstead - (any IPA/IIPA. Wishful thinking but it a make a wish thread right?)

After the bashing Javier's list got i thought mine would be much easier to fulfill. lol I didn't think my list was too unreasonable, but if so please someone let me know and I'll do my best to add more beer I'm interested in that I haven't already had! Thanks

ed5388 said:
After the bashing Javier's list got i thought mine would be much easier to fulfill. lol I didn't think my list was too unreasonable, but if so please someone let me know and I'll do my best to add more beer I'm interested in that I haven't already had! Thanks

Ive got one on the second version - so halfway there!

ed5388 said:

Your list is very doable. Just takes the right pair of eyes to see it and make it happen.

Latest posts

Back