drip tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do recall someone here doing just that, I will have to dig it up, but I think it was in a DIY drip tray thread involving modding grill wood chip boxes or foofy floor vents.

I will see if I can dig it up and link here.

Yep - just used a metal drywall "mud" pan from HD and jb welded some magnets to it. Put a small hand towel in it and it works great.

This, except no towel. I just rinse it out when it needs it.

I had to put it up on the chalkboard part of my keezer though as it tended to slide down the slick painted part no matter how many magnets I put on it, lol.

Anyone ever use strong magnets to attach a drip tray to their fridge?
I figure it would be easier to dump

Just don't expect the tray to stay put if you place a full pint on it.

L-Brackets epoxied to the fridge. The tray itself held in place by small tabs of velcro.

DripTray_New_Freezer2.jpg

I use rare earth magnets to hold the brackets as well as the drip tray to them. I'll post a pic when I get home later. Easily supports a full pint. Actually supports a 23oz glass of homebrew too.

I picked up 2 of the 90* welding magnets on sale at Harbor Freight for like $3 each and have 10 small rare earch magnets glued to the back of the drip tray. The weight still made it slowly slide down the slick face of the keezer (Mine doesnt have any texture its completely smooth). The soluiton was to put a dot of latex caulk/adheside on the part of the magnet bracket that is in contact with the keezer. The magnets on the drip tray make it east to remove for cleaning. If I ever want to remove the brackets, the letex cault is pretty easy to remove without damaging the finish.

I use this same one. Epoxied L brackets and Velcro. I have 4 taps but it's wide enough to fit 6 when I upgrade. Taps are 3.5" apart (center to center). It is 19" overall

I've got that one too. I got two stailess steel shelf brackets and used gorilla glue. It will support a full pint. The drip tray is detatchable for cleaning.

I used fancy wood brackets, fancy floor vent, and some industrial strength velcro....turned out great!

ForumRunner_20111121_183740.jpg

Back