Picked These Up Today For $75

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroT

Reaction score
I'm a total noob to kegging and brewing but I'm getting into it. Originally I was going to use 2.5 gallon cornies.

I got these 3 items today for $75. Did I do a good job or did I get ripped? What will I need to get them both hooked up to the c02? One is a ball lock and the other is just a standard keg I assume?

Now the question is... Sanyo 4912 for these bad boys or a Frigidaire Keezer.

2jp1v.jpg

r0o401.jpg

Nice start to a "pin lock" system. I don't think you got ripped at all. You got a regulator and cage, a 5# co2 tank, a keg and hoses plus connectors and a party tap. Seems like a decent price.

I found a Sanyo 4912 for $200 on craiglist and the lady won't budge... or I could buy a frigidaire freezer for $179 from best buy new.

Nice score! I would recommend trying to trade the keg in pic 1 for one the same as in pic 2. The lines/fittings you have are only compatible with keg 2. So if you got another then you are good to go serving two beers.

Also, just as a note so you know what you've got. Keg #1 is a ball lock and keg #2 is a pin lock. You fittings are for pin lock.

Nice score! I would recommend trying to trade the keg in pic 1 for one the same as in pic 2. The lines/fittings you have are only compatible with keg 2. So if you got another then you are good to go serving two beers.

I see pin lock and ball lock fittings on those hoses. i think he's set up for both kegs. Good score.

Another option would be to tag a second regulator so you can run each tank at a separate pressure.
Have fun.

Another option would be to tag a second regulator so you can run each tank at a separate pressure.
Have fun.

That's always the preferred setup, but requires a bit more expense and is quite a bit more work.

BTW - high pressure port threads are left handed, if you happen to go that route.

I found a Sanyo 4912 for $200 on craiglist and the lady won't budge... or I could buy a frigidaire freezer for $179 from best buy new.

Got a guy down to $175 on a 4912 ... trying to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger

Back