BB English Brown Ale.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyK68

Reaction score
Just started drinking a few of these tonight after being in the bottle for 2 weeks. Only were in the fridge about 6 hrs, and I have to say they are really really good. I am supposed to be bringing these to the Super Bowl Party, and Im worried now they may not make it.

mmm...Good Beer, my favorite problem. You could just tell your friends that the batch got contaminated and keep it all to yoursef :).

Just put a case away, somewhere, and buy a case of your favorite commercial brew. You're gonna need the empties anyway.:mug:

Evets said:
Just put a case away, somewhere, and buy a case of your favorite commercial brew. You're gonna need the empties anyway.:mug:

I hit the jackpot on empties, I found out an hour ago that I can buy all the returnables I want at 1.50 a case. Each time they get 5 cases in they will call and I can pick them up. I am picking the first load up in about an hour.

JohnnyK68 said:
Just started drinking a few of these tonight after being in the bottle for 2 weeks. Only were in the fridge about 6 hrs, and I have to say they are really really good. I am supposed to be bringing these to the Super Bowl Party, and Im worried now they may not make it.

Hey did you taste that along the way at anypoint? What was your fermentation schedule like? I just bottled my BB english brown ale.

I made the same kit, twice, when I first started. Excellent kit- it tastes better than Newcastle, richer and more flavorful. But not too intense for the BMC drinkers. That kit made homebrew accepted by my BMC friends, and now they are drinking "good" beer most of the time and all of my homebrew. I don't know what they'll do with my IPA, but at least they'll try it.

Good beer drinkers launched from the BB English Brown Ale kit. :rockin:

Lorena

Broozer, I did taste it when I racked to the secondary, and again when I bottled it. Each time it was better then the first. It is still young, but is really good. These 2 cases will be victims of a Super Bowl Party next week!

JohnnyK68 said:
Broozer, I did taste it when I racked to the secondary, and again when I bottled it. Each time it was better then the first. It is still young, but is really good. These 2 cases will be victims of a Super Bowl Party next week!

Wuhoh, my didnt taste so hot when in bottled. Sorry if im stealing your thread. Its hard to explain but its like theres two layers to it. 1 is like a good brown ale wants to come out and the other is strong alcohol taste. Maybe i messed up. Is it just because its flat?

BrooZer said:
Wuhoh, my didnt taste so hot when in bottled. Sorry if im stealing your thread. Its hard to explain but its like theres two layers to it. 1 is like a good brown ale wants to come out and the other is strong alcohol taste. Maybe i messed up. Is it just because its flat?

Did you add anything to it other then the kit? You didnt add corn sugar to raise the alcohol level or anything did you? Mine had no alky taste at all at anytime. In fact I thought it was a little thin and added malto dextrin a week before bottling. Took a few to a poker game tonight and the guys that tried it could not believe I made it. One is a big Newcastle drinker and could not believe that homebrew could be so good. What were your fermentaion temps? I fermented at a pretty study 64-66.

JohnnyK68 said:
Did you add anything to it other then the kit? You didnt add corn sugar to raise the alcohol level or anything did you? Mine had no alky taste at all at anytime. In fact I thought it was a little thin and added malto dextrin a week before bottling. Took a few to a poker game tonight and the guys that tried it could not believe I made it. One is a big Newcastle drinker and could not believe that homebrew could be so good. What were your fermentaion temps? I fermented at a pretty study 64-66.

During actual fermentation the thermo read 77 most of the time while the room was 70-72. once fermentation ended the temp dropped in the primary to room temp. Fermentation di last less than about 36 hours though.

Back