Changing from IC to CFC.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass0721

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I have been playing around with changing to a CFC rather than my IC. I built it and have it sitting here next to me...taunting me. I recently started to increase my production to 15 gal runs and my IC takes too much time. Last night I prepared my grain bill and did all my grinding. I also started my yeast last night. When Get home i will sanitize everything and then begin the birth my my new recipe.....Vanilla Pale. If all goes well, this should turn out to be a great recipe. the only thing I'm not really sure of is the size of the tubing to connect to the CFC from the wort, and the type of connection I will need. Hopefully I have everything.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Kris

I use 3/8" inside diameter silicone tubing and slide it over the 3/8" copper tubing on the CFC and tighten with a pipe clamp.

I pump from the ball valve on my kettle up to my CFC and then out to the fermentor through a venturi fitting for aeration. Works like a charm with no leaks.

Keep in mind I use March 809 producing 12' of head. If you use something that produces more pressure you may want to use some type of barb fitting w/ clamps, ect..

Back